PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

Dennis Peacock
04-11-2022, 6:56 AM
11 Apr 2022

Greetings,
It was a long week at the day job this week and it happens when you have hardware issues in the I.T. industry. Spent some time in the shop working on the bed project as well as finishing up a desktop project for a buddy of mine for his new house. This week I go oncall for work and my hope is to make good progress on the bed project for my #2 son. The LOML is studying for tests in college for this week and she has 2 more weeks after this week before she gets a break from school. If all goes well, she will graduate at the end of next spring semester! The end is in site!!! So proud of her!!!

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past week?

Best of weeks to you all.

Jim Becker
04-11-2022, 1:36 PM
'Hope those IT hardware issues are behind you, Dennis.

This past week I actually did spend a couple of hours in the temporary shop doing final adjustments to a couple of CNC files that I need to cut for a friend. I also tested the rust removal process for my machinery as for the first time in like 23 years, I have surface rust. And it's on everything. I unfortunately had to open the big door a couple of times over the winter months and a few days were warm and humid outside while everything in the shop was cold...that resulted in heavy condensation and, of course, a coating of surface rust. I'm going to try and address most if not all of that this week given we'll have a few very nice and warm days that having the big door open will be comfortable. I don't like the fumes/smell that the rust remover emits. Also made a minor change to the building contract to increase the height of the overhead door to 8' so my tractor with the ROPS fully up will clear it while I'm moving machinery and material. The other thing I did was scavenge a bunch of trim work from the house next door that's going to be demolished...I'll use it for utility projects.

Paul F Franklin
04-11-2022, 9:12 PM
The only real shop time for me this week was for cleaning. We had a couple over for dinner on Saturday, and I knew he is an avid DIYer and would want to see the shop, so I spent some time making it presentable. That was after cleaning all the rest of the house....it's been a *long* time since we had anyone over. But since we will have a houseful for Easter, it was good timing in that all the heavy cleaning is already done. We had a few nice days so I dug out some stumps in a front flower bed. We had two huge viburnum and a red twig dogwood die last year. I had cut the tops off last year, but it was time to deal with the stumps since we want to replace them with something this spring. I got Mary's elevated garden beds ready for planting and started spreading 6 yards of leaf humus we use instead of mulch on the flower beds. The tree guys came by to prune our 60' plus elm and a couple of other trees. Always impressive to watch a good tree climber at work way up in that elm. And as more serendipity in play, when they did a very thorough job of cleaning up all the debris from the tree work, they cleaned out all the dead leaves and sticks that had collected in the flower bed and on the deck under the tree and even went so far as to jump on the roof and blow off all the leaves and twigs on it...most of which had nothing to do with their tree work. I gave them a *nice* tip.

Since it was pouring rain today, I did get back into the shop to work on hanging the closet doors in our front closet. Needed to trim them width-wise a bit to adjust to the non-standard rough opening. With a little luck and weather cooperation I hope to get them stained and varnished and hung before Easter.

Eugene Dixon
04-12-2022, 8:52 AM
Turned several green cherry bowls. Road trip to retrieve a flammable storage cabinet purchased to store tractor and generator fuel and got it set up. Purchased some materials for the DC closet build. Need to figure out the ceiling joist design.