PDA

View Full Version : Small Generator

Tom Bender
04-05-2022, 6:17 AM
Two things; first, how should I post a link? here are a couple of tries.

https://www.usbestsales.com/products/900-watt-propane-powered-inverter-generator?sku=18053181353029586566012128&gclid=CjwKCAjw0a-SBhBkEiwApljU0ljgblpEADElbvqgkGBB69rmWkn1sxjcBwVsr Y8TRi7ZpT1nFoHFQxoCX6cQAvD_BwE

lhttps://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwjylIOh0fz2AhW7wsIEHWkJB-sYABAPGgJwdg&ae=2&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAESbOD2nLCoOk0zeyrXynDXZ5eORP2RzXAwYF7NfH8iPf rV5q9s95Z7sdCceNc7YvL49mf0FRQmYZvWMMz_12YvRMtHFeUB kAOTdpiStAMW3bSC_6fp2GHkRfjXVRkTSTQxjVKXd-xijy43dDLFHg&sig=AOD64_2MbwrFRWXTQu_geuNm13yGuuHrpw&ctype=5&q=&ved=2ahUKEwiNqPqg0fz2AhVHJzQIHd61CP8Q9aACegQIARBe&adurl=

Second, what I'd like to show you is the Ryobi propane powered 700 watt generator advertised for $79. If this price is right it seems like a great deal for almost anybody. Yes you have to add a propane tank. But in a power failure this would power a few lights, a tv set, maybe a furnace fan, chargers, camping stuff, lots of things. And it is going to start after years in storage because propane doesn't go stale like gasoline. If I didn't already have a whole house generator this would be in my cart already.

So I'd like to recommend it to my neighbors but would like some feedback if anyone has one.

Jeff Monson
04-05-2022, 8:59 AM
That usbestsales is no way a legit site. I do really like the idea of a propane powered small generator. I'm in your camp though, we have a generac for the house.

Alan Rutherford
04-05-2022, 10:27 AM
If you're going to post a link or email it to someone, delete the question mark in the first line and everything after it. The link will work without it (try it) but you won't be including any possible tracking or personal information.

Bill Dufour
04-05-2022, 11:07 AM
For under $50 you can buy a three fuel carburetor for most small engines.
Bill D.

John M Wilson
04-05-2022, 12:54 PM
Yes you have to add a propane tank. But in a power failure this would power a few lights, a tv set, maybe a furnace fan, chargers, camping stuff, lots of things. And it is going to start after years in storage because propane doesn't go stale like gasoline. If I didn't already have a whole house generator this would be in my cart already.

I've got a Champion 3400 Watt generator which is sold dual fuel ready - I've only run it on propane for the reasons you've mentioned. It's been good for what I need.

But I paid a LOT more than $79 for it! I'm not sure that you can find a legit deal for that price (if it sounds too good to be true...) :eek:

Rich Engelhardt
04-05-2022, 4:36 PM
The same site that has the $79 generator also has $79 dishwashers that retail for hundreds of dollars. I'm pretty sure it's a scam site. These are popping up all over the place.

My generator is a Honda EU2200i that only runs on gasoline.

Kev Williams
04-05-2022, 5:58 PM
There is no such generator for sale on Ryobi's or Home Depot's websites, nor on Amazon or eBay...

Mike Chance in Iowa
04-05-2022, 7:31 PM
I'm 99.99% certain this is a fake web site. The domain was registered about 2 months ago. There are no customer reviews. Only 1 contact source - 1 email for the whole company. Their Shipping policy states "Note: All orders are sent from China."

About 6 months ago, a friend was suckered into buying a $600-$1200 multi-directional motorcycle stand that was $89. The ad was posted on his FB feed. The pictures all looked legit on the web site, but what arrived a month later was what looked like a plastic roller skate you would strap on your shoe with two thin velcro straps. I helped him out. The web site had stolen all the photos from the true multi-directional motorcycle stand web site. There was only 1 contact email throughout the whole web site. No customer reviews. The stand was no longer for sale on that web site. I gathered screen shots from Wayback Machine and from the legit site (dynamoto) to contest the charge. While the "plastic roller skate" was shipped from Virginia, the return process insisted the item had to be returned to China. That's where people give up. Paypal actually reimburses for return shipping on a dispute, so I sent the flimsy plastic piece back to China for $30 shipping fee. It took another month for my friend to receive his refund from PayPal. By then, the original web site had been re-directed to two different stores. I don't do FB, but my friend has since shown me several fake ads for a company reluctantly closing down and selling their "fabulous" garden art for pennies on the dollar. Yet all those ads point to different companies who are the sole source of creating this metal garden art and the further you dig into it, the people who fell for those ads received flimsy garden art that looked nothing like it.

Brian Elfert
04-05-2022, 7:44 PM
There is no such generator for sale on Ryobi's or Home Depot's websites, nor on Amazon or eBay...

if you look up Ryi911lp it shows up on Ryobi’s website. Home Depot carries a generator with a different brand name that looks exactly like the Ryobi for $289.

Alex Zeller
04-05-2022, 10:24 PM
I don't like propane. Gas is by far and away the easiest fuel to get when you really need it. The positive is propane stores much better than gasoline for long periods of time. But if your tank is almost empty and you need power you could be forced to overpay for the tank exchange option if not during business hours. As for super cheap prices, as much as I like a deal it's not worth taking a chance on an unknown website.

Kev Williams
04-05-2022, 11:20 PM
if you look up Ryi911lp it shows up on Ryobi’s website. Home Depot carries a generator with a different brand name that looks exactly like the Ryobi for $289.

I must be doing it wrong ;)

Brian Elfert
04-06-2022, 6:45 PM
I must be doing it wrong ;)

I did a Google search for it, not a search on Ryobi's website. The very first result on Google is the webpage on Ryobi's website: https://www.ryobitools.com/products/details/46396019240

Bill Dufour
04-06-2022, 7:03 PM
I did a Google search for it, not a search on Ryobi's website. The very first result on Google is the webpage on Ryobi's website: https://www.ryobitools.com/products/details/46396019240

that link says coming soon. It does not say they have made any.

Brian Elfert
04-06-2022, 7:26 PM
that link says coming soon. It does not say they have made any.

There are 61 reviews so it appeared they made some. I suspect it was discontinued. If you search the Ryobi part number on Google you’ll find a link to what appears to be the same generator under a different brand name on Homedepot.com.

Tom Bender
04-06-2022, 8:14 PM
Yeah, it sounded too good to be true. Glad I didn't jump on it or recommend it. The usual solutions still look best.

Bill Dufour
04-07-2022, 11:21 AM
My high school electronics teacher was in the navy at the main west coast radio station. He said they had giant flywheels, weighing tons, hooked to generators. They felt is was better then batteries for the amount of power they needed to send messages around the world and to the moon. Of course batteries have improved in the last 40 years. They do say the Edison battery is still better performance and charging speeds then the newest rechargeable but it requires topping off the water. They only quit making them within the last 5 years or so.
Bill D.