PDA

View Full Version : Super wood !

Dave Roock
04-04-2022, 4:03 PM
https://getpocket.com/explore/item/stronger-than-steel-able-to-stop-a-speeding-bullet-it-s-super-wood?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Very interesting read.

Andrew Hughes
04-04-2022, 4:24 PM
The article sound like the eucalyptus I’ve been working with.
Seriously I don’t doubt the scientists have found a way to toughened up regular timbers. I also have seen how Mother Nature has the last word.
In my roofing days every year or two a new engineered roofing material would come out. They all failed to replace the basic materials Nature has given us. Wood,asphalt,slate,concrete
They were also 3 times or more expensive.

Dave Roock
04-04-2022, 4:46 PM
The article sound like the eucalyptus I’ve been working with.
Seriously I don’t doubt the scientists have found a way to toughened up regular timbers. I also have seen how Mother Nature has the last word.
In my roofing days every year or two a new engineered roofing material would come out. They all failed to replace the basic materials Nature has given us. Wood,asphalt,slate,concrete
They were also 3 times or more expensive.
Yeah I did a lot of torch down bit roofing & shingle roofing back in the day. Not a lot of torch down roofing anymore but that is a very excellent flat roof product - more expensive than rubber roofs for sure but I would use on a building if needed. New products all the time to attempt to pull extra $ out of our pockets.

Edward Weber
04-04-2022, 5:35 PM
Very interesting, thanks for posting

Greg Quenneville
04-05-2022, 2:31 AM
I am looking forward to trying to drive a nail into it.

Leigh Betsch
04-05-2022, 8:51 AM
They also talk about a transparent wood. But they didn’t post a picture.