PDA

View Full Version : Festool's Gone Retail????

Tyler Howell
01-19-2006, 12:17 PM
I was in my favorite power tool mecha looking at a pin nailer and admiring the Festool display, when the clerk demoing the Csaw picked it up and walked it to the counter for the customer:eek: :eek: :confused: . 7 Corners Hardware is selling the stuff by the boat loads:confused: . Guess they worked a deal with the big house. They don't give the fine personal service Uncle Bob does and I didn't think it was a good time to start passing his card:o , but they're doing it.

Bill Simmeth
01-19-2006, 12:23 PM
Yes, they announced the policy change last year. Here's a link to the press announcement from last August...
http://www.festoolusa.com/press_releases_details.aspx?docid=309

Dennis McDonaugh
01-19-2006, 12:31 PM
If I'm not mistaken, I've seen them at my local woodcraft too.

Frank Pellow
01-19-2006, 12:34 PM
Please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that the dealers are still always selling the tools at the price established by Festool.

Jim Becker
01-19-2006, 12:35 PM
Yes, ISAs now have the option of stocking product. I'll still buy from where I do now, (Uncle Bob!) but knowing that some do-dad is available at my local tool seller (who just became an ISA) in an emergency is nice to know.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that the dealers are still always selling the tools at the price established by Festool.

Yup.