PDA

View Full Version : Glowforge

Steve Clarkson
04-03-2022, 6:01 PM
I was in Michaels today and they had a big display with an actual Glowforge......guess you can buy them there now. They were also selling a whole lot of consumables for it.....including a beautiful piece of red acrylic (5" x 10" x 1/8") for only $6!!! I"ll have to stock up!

I'll admit......they have a great marketing guy.

Bill George
04-04-2022, 9:14 AM
Funny I was thinking just the other day.... what was the name of that company and product we used to see talked about on here all the time?
Wonder how the new users of the Glowforge are doing now???

Wow a quick visit to Amazon and look for the Recent Reviews not the top reviews!!! Its a eye opener. :confused:

John Lifer
04-04-2022, 6:42 PM
I happen to be on a Facebook laser for sale group. More than half of the adverts for used lasers are folk trying to sell GF laser in one form or another. Usually new or nearly new. There are probably 20% that are looking for a better laser. They have done a good job in marketing. I still see a tv advert once in a while. I figured they would go bust due to all the quality issues, but not so far.

Bill George
04-05-2022, 9:49 AM
IF Glowforge would spend as much time on quality control and product improvement as they do erasing bad reviews and posting false good ones they might make it work.

Bert Kemp
04-05-2022, 4:59 PM
Steve did they have it set up and running? did you watch it? how slow are they?

Bert Kemp
04-05-2022, 5:13 PM
I see Glowforge is still lying about the power of their machines saying the pro version is 45 watt when its nowhere near that. How do people fall for their BS

Steve Clarkson
04-06-2022, 11:03 AM
No.....it was not set up and it was actually behind glass so you couldn't even open it or touch it. I'm assuming it was one of their returns that didn't work and was only there for show.

Jerome Stanek
04-09-2022, 9:55 AM
I see their support forum no longer has Glowforge people on it helping the only way to get support is Email and sometimes a phone call it the line is open. They say they will get back to you within 3 days but I see people waiting a week or longer for a response. The old Gowforge fanboys IE employees that were on the forum are long gone. The same problems show up all the time broken wheels and cables unreliable wifi connection slow uploads, and shutting down

Bert Kemp
04-11-2022, 6:49 PM
You know you can't even change your own tube in a glowforge. You have to pack the whole machine up and ship it to them at the cost of $200+ then pay them $500 or more to change the tube and ship it back. Thats INSANE they won't sell you a tube or even tell you the tube spec's. I think a person would be crazy to buy one