PDA

View Full Version : Broken Bandsaw Tensioning Arm

Andrew More
04-02-2022, 3:38 PM
Is this a common problem? This is a brand new Laguna 18 BX and I believe that I managed to break the tension arm pin. Further I think it might have been broken for a few days, maybe longer, I'm not sure, because it sorta worked without the pin, it was just really loose and wobbling in ways that I thought were odd.

The pin itself seems to show rust through out, or maybe there's another reason why it's reddish, like metal grain or being pulled, I don't know. Arm is about 20", so there's definitely a lot of leverage there.

Also haven't talked with Laguna yet, since it's the weekend, I'm sure they'll be professional whatever their response. I just found this out a few minutes ago by taking the saw apart.

Andrew More
04-05-2022, 11:01 AM
Talked to Laguna yesterday and today they got in touch to let me know they're sending a new set of parts for free, no questions asked. So all good from my side of things. Felt like if I was going to complain publicaly I should make it clear when they address the issues.

Randall J Cox
04-06-2022, 10:53 AM
Glad you closed the loop, that was the right thing to do. Good luck, should be a very nice saw. Randy

Justin Rapp
04-07-2022, 8:52 AM
Talked to Laguna yesterday and today they got in touch to let me know they're sending a new set of parts for free, no questions asked. So all good from my side of things. Felt like if I was going to complain publicaly I should make it clear when they address the issues.

Laguna used to have complaints about customer service and I think they were heard and there customer and tech support is now really top notch. I've got 3 Laguna tools, and lucky all my contact with them has been great - and not due to manufacture defects.