PDA

View Full Version : Where Do Threads Go When they Disappear?

Bruce Wrenn
03-30-2022, 9:09 PM
Earlier this week, I responded to a thread on an issue with a drill press. When I make a response, the next day, I check back to see if there is any response to my post. Checking back the next day, the whole thread is GONE! I had this happen to several post over the years. Where do they go?

Maurice Mcmurry
03-30-2022, 9:20 PM
You may have not been logged in. Some of the threads are for contributors only. If you are not logged in your status is unknown. (I clicked on this to talk about stripped bolts)

Ken Fitzgerald
03-30-2022, 11:21 PM
Bruce, threads are never deleted in case they are subpoenaed in the event of it is needed as evidence in a lawsuit. The threads if removed due to a violation of the TOSs are moved to the Moderator's Forum where they are not viewable by the public.

Can you locate the thread in your profile under latest posts?

Lee Schierer
03-31-2022, 7:49 AM
Earlier this week, I responded to a thread on an issue with a drill press. When I make a response, the next day, I check back to see if there is any response to my post. Checking back the next day, the whole thread is GONE! I had this happen to several post over the years. Where do they go?

In the case of your drill press tube post, it was attached to a duplicate thread and was moved to the original longer thread. (https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?296652-Drill-Press-Project)

Bruce Wrenn
03-31-2022, 8:57 AM
Lee, Thanks for the reply. Because this isn't the first time it has happened, I was just wondering.

Stan Calow
03-31-2022, 8:57 AM
. . . or removed at the request of the OP.

Bruce Wrenn
03-31-2022, 8:59 AM
You may have not been logged in. Some of the threads are for contributors only. If you are not logged in your status is unknown. (I clicked on this to talk about stripped bolts)

Maurice, please look at my status-Contributor

Curt Harms
04-01-2022, 10:02 AM
I've had similar happen - create a long post and it wasn't there the next day. I'm pretty sure the answer was I checked the post over in preview -- then didn't click the 'post' button:o

Lee Schierer
04-01-2022, 11:11 AM
I've had similar happen - create a long post and it wasn't there the next day. I'm pretty sure the answer was I checked the post over in preview -- then didn't click the 'post' button:o

Been there, done that, they should make a T-shirt for it.