PDA

View Full Version : Tool Gloat

Ty wayne
03-28-2022, 9:02 PM
I’m always looking for deals and random tools. I happened to be searching Festool on Craigslist the other day and came across a brand new domino 500 q set listed for $900, retail $1,099 + tax. I offered $700 and the guy countered with $750. I was surprised but also jumped on that deal as fast as I could. I didn’t necessarily need it but figured I could at least get my money out of it if I chose to sell it. All the other ones I’ve seen are going for damn near retail.

Dave Roock
03-28-2022, 10:30 PM
I’m always looking for deals and random tools. I happened to be searching Festool on Craigslist the other day and came across a brand new domino 500 q set listed for $900, retail $1,099 + tax. I offered $700 and the guy countered with $750. I was surprised but also jumped on that deal as fast as I could. I didn’t necessarily need it but figured I could at least get my money out of it if I chose to sell it. All the other ones I’ve seen are going for damn near retail.
Now get to work ! lol

Jim Becker
03-29-2022, 9:16 AM
That's a really great deal on what is a very useful tool to have in your shop. Enjoy!

Ron Bontz
03-29-2022, 10:32 AM
Well I was looking at getting one so if you decide to get rid of it, give me am email. I will gladly give you what you paid for it. :)

Justin Rapp
03-29-2022, 4:49 PM
I bought one and didn't like it. I traded it to a guy for 25 board feet of pine <joke>

Great buy. I'd love to have one but can't justify the cost for the amount of times I need a mortise and tenon.