PDA

View Full Version : Jet Bandsaw - Fence that mounts underneath?

Scott Colba
03-27-2022, 8:24 PM
Hey folks,

Picked up a green JWBS-14CS today on the used market, and it didnt come with a fence. I'd like to add one. However....it's not my first choice to drill and tap the cast iron table on the face edge. There already are a couple of holes on the bottom side of the table, so I thought I'd see if there was a bottom mounted fence setup out there for it.

So with that in mind...anybody know of a bottom mounted one worth looking at??

Thanks!

Lee Schierer
03-28-2022, 4:34 PM
I have a Kreg fence for my Band saw. Mine mounts on the front using an aluminum angle; however, You should be able to mount it on a flat piece of metal attached to the bottom of your table. Depending upon the thickness of your table a spacer may be required to get the fence rail at the proper height for the fence.

According to the Kreg website (https://www.kregtool.com/shop/cutting/band-saw-cutting/precision-band-saw-fence/KMS7200.html), their fence: "Can be modified to fit most any band saw" I would recommend that you give them a call.

Edward Weber
03-29-2022, 1:22 PM
You can still get JET fences for that saw from some places if you do a little searching.
I personally like the JET brand fences over the aftermarket brands. JET fences are standard three point fences just like you find on a tables, just scaled down.
JMHO

John Stankus
03-29-2022, 2:24 PM
Are there clear holes through the side of the table?
I might have an extra Jet fence set up. (I have to dig around in the shop to see I still have it)

John

Scott Colba
03-29-2022, 4:51 PM
Thanks guys!

John, there arent any holes on the side, but I appreciate the thought!! Probably what I need to do is just get over my fear of drilling and tapping cast iron to make theost options available....

Edward, looks like those are all still mounted on the side...or at least the ones I'm seeing.

I'll give the kreg a gander too!

Jim Becker
03-29-2022, 4:57 PM
Scott, if you do decide to drill and tap...pay attention to "what's behind" before you drill any holes. You don't want to choose the place(s) where there is structural webbing under the cast table top for obvious reasons. :)

Use a punch to insure the holes are exactly in the correct spot. Cast iron drills very easily so you shouldn't have too much of a hard time doing the job.