PDA

View Full Version : Help finding a replacement Stanley chip breaker for #4/5

Daniel Culotta
03-25-2022, 2:19 PM
Hello all,

Cross posting this from the classifieds section since Neanders are who I need help from!

No idea how, but I managed to strip the threads on the chip breaker/cap iron of my #4 (I sharpen frequently and guess I just got it a little sideways putting it back together one time and it progressed from there; didn't even notice when it happened). Now the threads won't grab and the breaker doesn't stay in place.

Anyone have a spare breaker kicking around that they'll part with? This is a user plane and I don't care what vintage the breaker is as long as it works. (It's a type 4 bedrock if that matters, but I don't think it does.) I'm hoping to connect with a Creeker has one collecting dust in a parts drawer so I can avoid the wild west of ebay.

If you have one, shoot me a PM and we'll figure it out from there. MUCH appreciated in advance, thanks!!

-Daniel

steven c newman
03-25-2022, 7:55 PM
All the ones I have are #3 size....however, this is a place that is NOT on Feebay...nhplaneparts. Contact Eric, and he just might have the size you need...and, he ships same day. Most of the time with Free shipping..

Ron foley
03-25-2022, 9:35 PM
sent you a PM

Eric Rathhaus
03-25-2022, 9:42 PM
There's also a group on facebook dedicated to spare parts for Stanley planes.

Daniel Culotta
03-25-2022, 9:53 PM
Thanks all, between all these resources and offers I’ll get it figured out.

I know this was a small thing, and it goes without saying, but SMC is a standup community. I’ve been involved with a fair amount of hobbies/activities, and this group is one of the best I’ve had the pleasure of being part of.

James Spangler
03-25-2022, 11:47 PM
If you're still looking for one, I can help. Send me a PM.