PDA

View Full Version : Requesting help with my latest avitar

Frank Pellow
01-19-2006, 5:32 AM
I am attaching the picture from which I constructed my latest avitar. The picture is of both my grandson Ethan and me. When reducing this to the size permitted for avitars, I just can't seem to get the resolutuin that others seem to achieve. I request that an avitar guru do his/her magic and post a reply in this thread with an avitar that has better resolution than that I was able to obtain in my attempt.

John Bailey
01-19-2006, 6:20 AM
Frank,

I don't know the answer, but I've had the same problem. The pictures I've used look fine until I reduce them to the size needed, then they end up with poor resolution. In my case, I figured the less resolution the better. But, with that good lookin' kid in yours, I can see why we need to clean it up.

John

P.S. - Did you notice I didn't fall for the obvious answer - crop the right half off!:D

tod evans
01-19-2006, 6:25 AM
sorry frank, i`m at best semiliterate on computers. the younger generation should be up shortly..tod

Michael Stafford
01-19-2006, 7:44 AM
I tried but ended up with the same graininess as you Frank. And it deserves better, it is a cute picture of you both.:D

Jim Becker
01-19-2006, 8:45 AM
Retouched version attached. Unfortuantely, there are some contrast unbalances I couldn't correct due to detail already lost on the "original". (Like in your grandson's hair) I also didn't blur the background on this one...forgot... ;)

Frank Pellow
01-19-2006, 8:53 AM
Thanks Jim, thats a lot better! :) I had to reduce the original to 100 meg so that I could post it on Saw Mill Creek. What software do you use?

Jim Becker
01-19-2006, 9:11 AM
Photoshop Elements v4