PDA

View Full Version : Design ?? on Installing Mast-R-Lift Plate

Gilbert Vega
01-18-2006, 11:16 PM
I'm making a replacement extension top for my Delta contractor saw. The top will be 24" x 27" made out of 2 thickness's of 3/4" MDF. I was planning on installing the plate about 2" from the cast iron top in order to give me room for working in front of the router (I will be working from the end of the tablesaw). Does this sound okay? I have purchased the Incra miter track for the top. How far from the router plate should I install the track (the 24" dimension)? I was thinking about 2" from the edge of the plate. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

Chris Rosenberger
01-18-2006, 11:55 PM
I built a table in november using MDF & it worked out well. The space from the edge of the table to the center of the track is 10 1/2" & 6 1/2" from the center of the track to the center of the bit. That is about 1" between the plate & edge of the track. I used an Incra track & Woodpecker plate. That is the distance Wodpecker uses on their tables.

Gilbert Vega
01-20-2006, 12:28 AM
From you measurements, this would put the distance between the table saw and the plate to be about 1/2". Does this sound about right? Thanks.

Kelly Anderson
01-20-2006, 8:24 PM
That seems pretty far to in to me. I am planing to do the same thing in the spring and I was thinking that I would put the insert closer to the end of the extension, plus it would give you more room if you need to use the saw with the router set up. I was thinking that I would put the miter track 1 or 2 inches from the insert too, the miter track on my Bench Dog portable table is right next to the insert.

Chris Rosenberger
01-20-2006, 9:16 PM
From you measurements, this would put the distance between the table saw and the plate to be about 1/2". Does this sound about right? Thanks.

The measurements I gave are from my table I would want more material between the saw & the plate. I would think that 1" + a 1/2" lip for the plate to set on would enough. My table is alittle larger than yours.