PDA

View Full Version : Anyone buy one of these?

bob pfohler
03-18-2022, 5:00 PM
Has anyone here purchased this dust collector? I’d love an Oneida or Clearvue but they’re at least 3X’s the money.

Lloyd McKinlay
03-18-2022, 5:55 PM
Can't address this particular item but the Better Business Bureau has over 200 complaints regarding the Vevor online retailer.

https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/rch-cucamonga/profile/online-retailer/vevor-1066-850056466/complaints

Ronald Blue
03-18-2022, 6:24 PM
If you want an inexpensive but usable dust collector get the Harbor Freight 2 HP. There are lots of people who have made upgrades to them from adding cyclones to impeller upgrades.

bob pfohler
03-18-2022, 7:06 PM
I thought about that but it’s been impossible to find the upgraded impeller.
I’m looking for a cyclone style that I can mount to the wall in an adjoining room.
That’s the reason I haven’t invested in a single/double bag style dust collector,

Dave Sabo
03-24-2022, 10:04 PM
I thought about that but it’s been impossible to find the upgraded impeller.
I’m looking for a cyclone style that I can mount to the wall in an adjoining room.
That’s the reason I haven’t invested in a single/double bag style dust collector,

dont think you’re gonna mount that Vevor to a wall if that was your plan.

Jonathan Jung
03-28-2022, 10:52 PM
Your dust collector is not one item I'd skimp on. For durability, safety, and performance. It's the one tool you'll use more than any other - assuming it's used for every tool.

Rob Sack
04-20-2022, 5:57 PM
I would bite the bullet and buy the Oneida. I have a large Murphy-Rodgers for all my machinery, but when I added a 37" wide belt sander, I decided to use a dedicated dust collector and to save money I bought a 1200 cfm Penn State cyclone. At the time, Penn State was big into dust collection and had a guy on staff that had many years of experience with dust collection systems. While the unit is at least 8 years old and has performed well, Penn State is no longer in the dust collection business. Any issues that will come up with my collector will probably mean I will have to scrap the whole thing, since they no longer carry any parts for servicing and/or replacement, not to mention their expert is long gone. And while Harbor Freight will probably not be going out of business any time soon, unless they offer a lifetime warranty with full replacement should the unit need repair, I would probably avoid any high dollar (for Harbor Freight) equipment from them. If cost is a factor, I might consider Grizzly or a similar import company with a long and excellent track record before I would consider an off brand (especially one with a poor BBB record) or even Harbor Freight.