PDA

View Full Version : How may I tell others about a new hand tool product?

Bruce Mack
03-07-2022, 8:38 PM
Henry Eckert Toolworks in Australia is a company from which I purchased a blade for my LN low angle jack plane a year or two ago. The blade made from a Crucible Steel powered metal called CTS-XHP is a winner in my opinion, easy to sharpen with good edge retention. I'm on the Eckert mailing list and today received notification of this: Made in Adelaide, the Henry Eckert Honing Guide is in solid cast manganese bronze, marine grade stainless steel & brass. It is based on the design principles of the no longer produced Eclipse guide.There is a photo of this piece of bench jewelry which I would have ordered immediately except I have "mastered" unguided sharpening and would never consider returning to guides. I'd like to make others aware of it in a manner that makes me a source of info, not a shill. May I do this and how?

William Fretwell
03-07-2022, 9:47 PM
Had a look, not exciting really, no micro bevel feature on the roller. The white bronze looks decidedly yellow in some pics. The roller seems too small and narrow. At that price point I would expect more.

Brian Tymchak
03-07-2022, 10:41 PM
....I'd like to make others aware of it in a manner that makes me a source of info, not a shill. May I do this and how?

Just post the info as you've done here. Pretty clear to me that you are just providing info. Many people just say they have no affiliation. But since you asked, I wonder if I'm missing something..

Bruce Mack
03-07-2022, 11:04 PM
No affiliation.

Frederick Skelly
03-08-2022, 7:08 AM
Inputs on new products or vendors are helpful and appreciated.

Bruce Mack
03-08-2022, 7:29 AM
Inputs on new products or vendors are helpful and appreciated.
Thanks. I just posted in the Neanderthal forum.

Jim Koepke
03-08-2022, 11:20 AM
That is steep price for such a simple guide.

jtk

glenn bradley
03-08-2022, 11:35 AM
No affiliation.

That ought to do it. We all tend to have our favorites on the forum or someplace to share a good experiences.