PDA

View Full Version : Benchtop Router Table Recommendations

John Goodin
03-07-2022, 4:43 PM
The current router table is the plastic Bosch model and while it has served me well over the years I am less than satisfied with it. Any recommendations for another model? A free standing unit is out of the question because the remaining floor space is reserved for a couple of larger tools where portability is not an option. My table saw has a router option, which works well, but lacks a slot for a miter gauge or coping sled.
I like the Sawstop but I believe it has been discontinued and the remaining inventory may be gone before I pull the trigger. The price is not so much an issue but I am trying to hold off a few months because the burn rate on the bank account has greatly exceeded income since before Thanksgiving. If the Sawstop benchtop table is the top-notch model I will pull the trigger now but if it is one of many great options I would like to wait. TIA.

Maurice Mcmurry
03-07-2022, 7:32 PM
I have gotten along OK with various home made router tables. I will add some images. Dad sent me two Bosch routers and a Fine Wood Working magazine with plans for shop built router tables for a graduation present in 1983. (two years late). I had no place to use them so he borrowed them back until 1993.

475411 475412 475413 475414

mark mcfarlane
03-10-2022, 9:26 AM
The Incra router table fence positioners are exceptional. Indexed 1mm adjustments and easy micro-adjustments to .001" which makes dialing in mating parts a joy. First fence I've ever owned that I enjoy adjusting.

There are table saw versions that can be moved to both sides of the blade, so that may work with a table saw mounted router.

https://incra.com/router_table_fences-ls_positiners.html

https://incra.com/table_saw_fences-tsls_joinery.html

Pricey fence system but using the dedicated router table fence brings a smile to my face every time I have to adjust it.

Ted Diehl
03-10-2022, 9:46 AM
I just bought the Skil Benchtop router combo. I have not unboxed it yet but the reason I bought it is because the combo unit includes a skil router that you can adjust the height from the top of the router table. No turning the table upside down to adjust the hight of the bit. Picked it up from Amazon for $199