PDA

View Full Version : Rubbed Shoulders

Tyler Howell
01-18-2006, 3:48 PM
Got a chance to hook up with a real fine bunch of Minnesota WW including creekers Tom Prondzinski and Charlie Kocorek at the Minnesota WW Guild. http://www.mnwwg.org/mambo/ (http://www.mnwwg.org/mambo/)
Although a card carrying member for over a year, this was the first meeting I've been able to attend.
Last night was the not to be missed Woodworkers Decathlon with many Neander events,and games including wood identification, monster Jenga, Hand planing, hand cut dove tails, and of course the electron burner belt sander races with some nice prizes.
The Decathlon was held at one of the WWGs regular meeting places The 4th Guild. A neat old warehouse/manufacturing space with some talented members. I got a big kick out of just walking around looking at their work and some nice old iron.
I'll be back for more and invite other MN WW to come on down.

Dan Oelke
01-18-2006, 4:59 PM
Those are some good shots. I unfortuantely missed the meeting last night. Had to run one of the kids to choir and my wife had her choir practice as well (in the opposite direction of course.) And I haven't been to 4th street guild space yet.... I was looking forward to seeing that more than anything. < sigh >

Anthony Anderson
01-18-2006, 5:39 PM
Hey Tyler, I...um...er...um don't know how to say it to the picture policeman, but um...er... I don't see you in any of those pictures:D;). I look forward to seeing some more pictures:). BTW, how is that new Performax sander working for you? Happy Sanding, Bill

Thomas Prondzinski
01-18-2006, 6:05 PM
Thanks for posting the pics Tyler,great to get to talk with you again.As you mentioned it was a great evening for all. The belt sander racing was hilarious,I had never seen this before.Some people have way too much time on their hands(red aerodynamic belt sander). Jenga was fun,Charlie keep up those dovetails. Took a peak at that jointer, I think it was a 20" Northfield.

Tom

Charlie Kocourek
01-18-2006, 7:19 PM
:) The meeting was really a lot of fun, but I do need more practice before I am actually proficent at cutting dovetails.

Tyler Howell
01-19-2006, 1:59 PM
Hey Tyler, I...um...er...um don't know how to say it to the picture policeman, but um...er... I don't see you in any of those pictures:D;). I look forward to seeing some more pictures:). BTW, how is that new Performax sander working for you? Happy Sanding, Bill
Anthony, the police are here to protect and serve not show off:mad: :D .

Tyler Howell
01-19-2006, 2:06 PM
:) The meeting was really a lot of fun, but I do need more practice before I am actually proficent at cutting dovetails.
Sorry Charlie I didn't mean to cut your head off. That's his top formula, super modifide racing sander Nadine:D . I was proud to see you in there competeing with the big dogs.
Charlie and I met in the first Neander class over a year ago.
I'm going to give you a run for your money next year:rolleyes: .

I got the whole rundown on Corn heaters from Tom, interesting technology.

Dennis Peacock
01-19-2006, 4:13 PM
Looks like ya'll had a great time.....Glad it was a fun time for everyone.:D