PDA

View Full Version : 5 yr old Hammer K3 wont turn on - need electrical diagram

Ted Diehl
03-06-2022, 6:25 PM
Ok, I'm the original owner of a Hammer K3 Saw. Went to turn it on this morning and the blade moved about 1/4" and then everything went dead. I did the following: Checked the volts coming out of the wall plug and voltage is normal (110vac each side of the duplex). I cycled the emergency shut off button on the side - no luck, I cycled the safety switch for the sheet metal guard for the saw blade (or whatever you call it) I cycled the green and red switch several times and that did not work. I am out of ideas and before I go any further, I need an electrical diagram going into and out of the switch. Ir you have an electrical diagram, I'd sure like a copy of it. Any idea's. It's Sunday so I cant call Felder.

Ralph Okonieski
03-06-2022, 7:07 PM
I just went through a similar experience with my saw. In my case, the run capacitor on the motor was bad. It would hum but not turn. After a lot of great help from members here, it was obvious as the run capacitor was bulging and top of it was pushed off. After replacing the capacitor, it runs great. It was fastened to the side of the motor. Take a look at yours, maybe it is obvious as well. Good luck with your diagnosis.

Lisa Starr
03-06-2022, 7:50 PM
My Hammer equipment came with a Wiring Diagram/Parts List that is separate from the owners manual. Check your paperwork that came with the saw, you may already have the diagram.

Ted Diehl
03-06-2022, 8:17 PM
Any chance to can get me a copy. Thanks

Robyn Horton
03-06-2022, 8:24 PM
Ted do you have a gmail acct that I can send a pdf file to you @ for the K3 Electrical diagram ? you can PM me it if you do

Ron Selzer
03-06-2022, 9:28 PM
Ok, Checked the volts coming out of the wall plug and voltage is normal (110vac each side of the duplex).

Check for 220-240 vac between legs on the wall plug also. Would not hurt to turn off the circuit breaker and then back on. Next step is probably the capacitor
Good luck
Ron

Ted Diehl
03-06-2022, 10:10 PM
Dang you were correct. I had to translate it from German to English on Google. Thanks for your input

Ted Diehl
03-06-2022, 10:38 PM
Is the Capacitor located inside the box that is behind the switch? Can the Capacitor be sourced locally? (USA)

Rod Sheridan
03-07-2022, 8:01 AM
Check the overload relay, make sure it hasn’t tripped, measure the incoming line voltage line to line….Rod

P.S. Check the control fuses if yours has any.

Rod Sheridan
03-07-2022, 8:06 AM
Hi Ted, the capacitors ( there are 2, a start and run capacitor) can be obtained in the US from Felder.

Since the saw doesn’t even try to start, you need to solve that before the capacitor issue….Rod

Ted Diehl
03-10-2022, 10:07 AM
Thanks all for your help. I called Felder and their tech was pretty sure it was the capacitor. So I went about removing the capacitors and checking them. Both check good. Then I remember a friend of mine once told me: "When troubleshooting electrics; begin with the power source". So I started looking at the extension cord the electrician made up for me and noticed I could see 2 wires, White and green, had migrated out the back of the plug unit. I unscrewed the plug to take it apart and then I saw the problem - the white wire had pulled away from it's lug except for about 3 strands of wire. I removed the wires, re-cut the length, stripped the insulation and tinned the end with solder and reconnected it. Everything works great now. It goes without saying I have removed that Electrician from my contact list.