PDA

View Full Version : Titebond Translucent Glue

Dale Osowski
03-06-2022, 4:04 PM
Has anyone used this? If so how did you like it and how are the results? I'm looking to use this on Ebony. I'm currently using Gorilla clear, it works well but looking for another option to try that can clean up easily with a damp rag.

Thanks!

Prashun Patel
03-06-2022, 4:12 PM
Have not tried it.

If you are trying to mask a glue line on ebony, consider a drop of black dye in regular wood glue.

Brian Tymchak
03-06-2022, 4:46 PM
I've used it and like it. I glued up some walnut segments for a turning and and have used for a few other small glue ups and the glue line is invisible. However, 2 things: it is thinner than TB 1/2/3 so you have to be a bit careful to keep it off faces. You might want to tape joints. The other thing to keep in mind is it has a pretty short open time, like just a couple minutes before it skins over. You can't mess around at glue up. Plan your glue up to get parts together immediately. I don't know how it compares strengthwise to the other TBs but my guess is that it is not as strong.

Andrew Hughes
03-06-2022, 5:06 PM
I use it and like it alot.
I've found gluing ebony difficult when a glue line has to be considered.
All the pva glues I've tried creep.
Epoxy or old brown glue might be the best choice.
Test test test.
Good luck

Dale Osowski
03-06-2022, 5:35 PM
Thanks for the replies! I just finished today's last Ebony glue up with the Gorilla clear. All went well and I used denatured alcohol for the clean up vs a dry rag it worked great! It may be a few days before I have a chance to see the end results.

Andrew Hughes
03-06-2022, 5:43 PM
Is that the polyurethane?

Dale Osowski
03-06-2022, 6:20 PM
Is that the polyurethane?

Yes, but clear. It does bond wood to metal very well too.