PDA

View Full Version : One inch holdfasts on sale

Scott Winners
03-03-2022, 1:05 AM
Not for everyone. I know perfectly well most folks are using 3/4" holes in their benchtops because of all the pretty things that work well that ship from Ottawa and fit in 3/4" holes.

Not a salesman, no relationship with the seller.

If you aren't happy with your good 3/4 holdfasts, LN, and a couple other companies, Crucible Tool has a batch of one inch holdfasts with surface rust they are selling for $99 each. I paid $135 each for mine, before shipping out beyond the great white north. I have reviewed mine here previously, love them very much. I was not happy with 3/4 inch holdfasts personally, but many folks here are. Just an option.

https://blog.lostartpress.com/2022/02/28/special-sale-on-blemished-holdfasts/

Huh. I thought I had started a review thread about the Crucible one inch hold fasts, but I can't find it. They are just like 3/4 inch holdfasts only they need a bigger hole, but can reach further across the bench and higher in the air. They are almost five pounds each and waller out their holes pretty good. But when I whomp on the mallet, they hold on like a hungry alligator or a red headed stripper named Brittany. One inch is the nominal size. I got a spade bit and filed it down to I think maybe 0.984" to make the smallest holes possible in my benchtop. If you choose to buy some, plan on a dedicated spade bit and get your micrometer out.