PDA

View Full Version : Drawer slides with touch latch and soft close?

Jamie Buxton
03-02-2022, 10:44 PM
Blum offers an undermount drawer slide -- their Movento slide -- with an optional touch latch, which they call Tip-on. This, they say, gives soft close and push-to-open. Has anybody used this system?

John Goodin
03-03-2022, 12:30 AM
I looked at push-to-open on my current vanity build. I like the concept but seems it would be clunky especially when I have to open and close eight drawers because I forgot what I was looking for.

Maurice Mcmurry
03-03-2022, 6:12 AM
I have used a few to upgrade economy slides. They are tricky to install, easy to break, and highly dependent on accuracy. When everything is correct they are a feature that people like.

Dave Sabo
03-06-2022, 10:11 AM
We use them fairly often. Just retrofitted a pair of standard Tandems to a shallow drawer underneath a cooktop.

I disagree with Maurice though. They install the same as non TipOn Blum runners (or other brands for that matter) in the same 32mm system holes. We’ve used them and the Grass equivalent for more than a decade. Sometimes on 36” wide pot drawers and have not had one failure or breakage reported. Every slide, hinge, or lift is dependent on accuracy with euro style cabinets.

We can argue about their functionality vs. a front with a handle or knob, but they work as intended and are a quality product.