PDA

View Full Version : Interesting packaging from Harvey

derek labian
02-28-2022, 7:29 PM
I haven't seen a woodworking company use equipment packaging like this before, but I thought it was nice to unpack, and, if necessary, re-pack. It can be broken down and it's easy to store for a bit if needed. I think it would go back together easily. I'm not sure if all Harvey equipment ships like this, but I thought you guys might find it interesting.

Jeff Roltgen
02-28-2022, 8:14 PM
Superior! Now, why don't we get such quality packaging on the German / Italian machines, considering excessive abuse by the freight companies, and the cost of the machines themselves? Is it really too much to ask for this grade of container when spending $10k and up on a machine?
Kudos to Harvey Tools!
Enjoy your new saw(I presume?)
jeff

Kevin Jenness
02-28-2022, 8:37 PM
What is this, a striptease? Or are you just thinking outside the box?

Chris Sonego
02-28-2022, 9:01 PM
All I can say is that I was super impressed with how my Harvey saw was packed for shipment. If Grizzly would have done half as well, I wouldn’t have had to send back 2 saws. When buying new in todays world, packaging is a huge deal, not a minor detail.

Walter Plummer
03-01-2022, 9:04 AM
Where I used to work we built a lot of shipping crates but now you can order them cheaper. https://www.uline.com/Product/AdvSearchResult?keywords=crates. Shipped flat to you.

Mark Canter
03-01-2022, 9:18 AM
I have purchased two machines from Harvey, a dust "processor" and a small shaper. Both were impeccably packed on pallets with reinforced heavy corrugated enclosures. Both arrived with no shipping damage. I have two Italian machines, a saw and a jointer/planer, due in a month. It will be interesting to see how those arrive.

Brian Runau
03-01-2022, 6:43 PM
Very nice and it screams that they get details matter.

Bruce Mack
03-01-2022, 6:49 PM
I haven't seen a woodworking company use equipment packaging like this before, but I thought it was nice to unpack, and, if necessary, re-pack. It can be broken down and it's easy to store for a bit if needed. I think it would go back together easily. I'm not sure if all Harvey equipment ships like this, but I thought you guys might find it interesting.

Derek - that packaging would weigh heavily in making me favor Harvey if I were in the market.

Mitch schiffer
03-01-2022, 7:15 PM
My harvey bandsaw was not packed in this way. It was not even in a wood crate just thick cardboard. It must just be some models that are packaged this way. Looks nice.

Paul Wunder
03-02-2022, 3:05 PM
15 years ago I purchased a 22124 zip code saw from Sears for about $900 with delivery. Under the sturdy corrugated exterior the entire saw was enclosed on five sides with a welded steel frame. No damage at all. If a lower price point manufacturer can do it, certainly the Grizzlys, Harveys, et al should be able ship without damage.