PDA

View Full Version : In need of a good cleaning

steven c newman
02-27-2022, 7:16 PM
Goodell Pratt Co.
Needs torn down, cleaned up, and a new coat of paint....handles are in very good shape
Old paper label on the drive gear is 95%..gone. Might try to find a replacement label, someday?
Am soaking the 1/2" chuck in oil...jaws were stuck. Other moving parts also have been oiled, for now.

Made before Millers Falls took over.

Biggest question is.....where and HOW do I hang this drill at....:confused:

steven c newman
03-01-2022, 9:04 PM
Ok..tear it down as far as I think I need to go....too many little ball bearings to get lost, otherwise...so
Arrow points to a very small set screw...that has since gone AWOL...and has been replaced....it held the shaft to the body, is all..

Took a while....didn't have the proper red paint for the gear...not sure I want to paint the areas that USED to be black...so
This is as far as I went...
May not worry all that much about a new Paper Label...as the crank has a nice logo on it..

Then, needed a place to hang this 1/2" Cordless Drill up..
I intend to build a stand for the drill press, so I can move it out of the way....was hard to use in it's current spot, anyway.

Logo on the crank says it is a Goodell Pratt Co. TOOLSMITHS Greenfield MASS. USA No. 0477

Chuck holds from 1/8" up to 1/2" sized bits. Has 3 jaws. Moving parts that NEEDED oiled, have been....Runs easily, and quietly.

Might be a "Keeper"?

steven c newman
03-06-2022, 5:43 PM
Drill Press is in the way....can't open the left-hand door all the way...The No. 0477 made things worse....

Will be starting a new post/thread....about a new home station for that Drill Press..IF anyone wants to follow along...