PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have Amazon.com phone number?

Greg Ladd
01-18-2006, 9:11 AM
I need to contact Amazon.com about an issue I would like to get resolved. I would like to talk to a living,breathing person. Does anyone have a phone number for the customer service department there?

Thanks - Greg

tod evans
01-18-2006, 9:14 AM
good luck!

Matt Tawes
01-18-2006, 9:28 AM
Hi Greg,

You could try this link: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/557204/ref=br_ca_/103-7430211-7535001 look over to the right and there is a request for call back feature where you input your number and they will call you for what it's worth.

Mark Rios
01-18-2006, 9:31 AM
1-800-201-7575

This is "THE" customer service number.

Anthony Anderson
01-18-2006, 9:51 AM
Greg, this is Amazon's tools and hardware number. 1 800 635 5140. Everytime I have called this number I have been able to talk to a living breathing person. At least I think they were. They have always been great. HTH, Bill

Rick Lizek
01-18-2006, 12:39 PM
If you lose the number a quick google search will pull it up. Many companies hide the number and would rather deal with customers over e-mails. You can always find a way to reach them direct if you are good at doing a bit of research.

David Abel
01-18-2006, 2:12 PM
I need to contact Amazon.com about an issue I would like to get resolved. I would like to talk to a living,breathing person. Does anyone have a phone number for the customer service department there?

Thanks - Greg

amazon's number is somewhat hidden (it's not on their website) but I found it online a few years back and stuck it in my PDA. someone already gave you the number, I see.

Rhetorical question of the day: why can't Amazon put their customer "service" number on their website?? (we know, we know--then they'd have to hire several thousand more customer service reps to answer the phone, which might actually ring a few times a day)

jerry cousins
01-18-2006, 2:26 PM
here's a site for numbers that connect to humans -
www.paulenglish.com/ivr

including amazon

jerry

Greg Ladd
01-18-2006, 3:27 PM
Thank you everyone.

The number that Mark Rios gave me worked and I was able to get the issue resolved rather easily. The problem arose because of a problem I created - I couldn't remember all of my account passwords and needed to access a different account to take advantage of a member-type benefit.

I agree it would certainly be easier to take care of issues like the one I had if a number was readily available. I suppose that internet businesses just prefer to deal with customers via email. Call me old fashioned but email just seems to slow issue resolution down as compared to a quick phone call.

Thanks again everyone,
Greg