PDA

View Full Version : First Half of 2003 work

Carl Eyman
07-19-2003, 3:32 PM
`Many of you have supported me by advice and counsel. I thought you deserved an up-date. In the close-up picture of the crestrail the yellowish tinge does not exist in real life. It must be bounce back from the flash. In the picture of the chairs around the table the table is the one I made a year ago - also with the help of those of you on the Pond at the time. Stay with me on the next five chairs now under construction. Carl

PS having trouble adding second and third files look for next post

Jim Becker
07-19-2003, 9:45 PM
Wow!! That's really great work! I am in awe...

Bob Lasley
07-19-2003, 10:32 PM
Carl,

The chairs and the table are beautiful. I would certainly like to see more pics of both.

Bob

John Miliunas
07-19-2003, 11:44 PM
First half of 2003?! Kripes, it'd take me both halves of 2003, 2004 and probably 2005 to come up with something THAT nice! Wonderful job. :cool:

Carl Eyman
07-20-2003, 9:20 AM
Here are some detail pictures. The Yellow tint is bounceback from flash

Ted Shrader
07-20-2003, 7:23 PM
Carl -

Very well done, my friend. Outstanding work!

Ted

Dave Anderson NH
07-21-2003, 10:13 AM
The chairs look great. But then again they looked great even before you put the finish on them. To me, the toughest part of any project is applying the finish. Not that it's technically difficult, but there are the little problems with motivation and patience that I always have to deal with. It always seems that after the woodworking part is done my motivation leaves me. In fact, after the wood part is done, the stupid things should have the consideration to finish themselves. I hope work s progressing well on the second half. You've set a hard standard to follow.

Noah Alkinburgh
07-21-2003, 10:47 AM
Carl,

They look great! I still can't believe you just decided to do this :) You have done and outstanding job. Thanks for sharing...hope to see you in chat again sometime.

Noah

Rusty Hughes, Indy
07-21-2003, 12:26 PM
Very Well Done, Carl.

Those chairs are an inspiration to us all.

Bill Grumbine
07-22-2003, 10:27 AM
Carl, this is some very impressive work here! It is beautiful, and I have to ask, did you spray it with Fuhr 355? :cool:

Bill

Carl Eyman
07-22-2003, 1:36 PM
Praise from one of your standing is high praise indeed. Yes, since my spray equipment is poor, I brought it to a local body shop and they sprayed it with several coats of 355. I love that stuff. This time I used satin. The dining table was gloss and rubbed out. You probably recognize that this is Ron Clarkson's chair, but I simplified the decoration to something I thougt I could handle.
Now I am working on the next five.

Carl Eyman
07-25-2003, 8:36 AM
Here are some pictures taken as they should be. go to www.eyman.org/chairs

Jim Becker
07-25-2003, 9:05 AM
Here are some pictures taken as they should be. go to www.eyman.org/chairs

Not only is the woodworking outstanding, but the photography is awesome! Nice job... :)

Carl Eyman
07-25-2003, 9:08 AM
Jim: I should have said my son did the photography. Well, he's got to do something besides buy the material if he wants chairs.

David Blangger
07-25-2003, 9:46 AM
Great work Carl!

David

Tom Sweeney
07-25-2003, 10:09 AM
Carl,
That is truly some inspiring woodworking. I can never see myself having the patience to take on a project like that - even if I ever do get the skills to do it.

You should be very proud of this project.

Lynn Sonier
07-25-2003, 6:55 PM
Let me add my two cents worth also Carl- outstanding work.
I kind of watched these chairs being born and only Carl and myself know how much work and care went into them.