PDA

View Full Version : PFAS in the workshop

Jon Fiebing
02-16-2022, 8:18 AM
Yesterday I started a thread on how PFAS is contained in many waxes, anti rust products and lubricants.

If you are the admin who took down the thread please tell me why, what rule did I break? Rethink it and restore the content. thanks.

Lee Schierer
02-16-2022, 11:55 AM
Yesterday I started a thread on how PFAS is contained in many waxes, anti rust products and lubricants.

If you are the admin who took down the thread please tell me why, what rule did I break? Rethink it and restore the content. thanks.

And it is gone this am. so I start again. Its an important topic that should be discussed.

PFAS has no place in workshops and I have set aside many products as its almost impossible to find out what is really in them.
I made a decision especially for the spray can products marketed to coat cutting tools, until these products are tested and cleared by
a testing body that there is NO PFAS in them.

2 of 3 anitrust compounds have PFAS.

So far I have learned GUlf wax is fine, WD40 is fine?

The cycling world has been very vocal about lubricants that are PFAS free and the woodworking needs to be active in sorting out what products are safe.

thanks in advance for those who contribute to this thread.

So how does this apply to wood working? So far no product has been identified that contains these chemicals that is specifically used in wood working. Please keep the discussion relevant to power tools and general woodworking.

Keith Outten
02-16-2022, 12:04 PM
This topic is inappropriate for SawMilll Creek. Ours is a woodworking community and the majority here prefer not to get into these types of topics.