PDA

View Full Version : A huge thank you to the community!

Michael Rutman
02-11-2022, 10:33 AM
Finished my first cabinet the other day. It's far from sellable quality but for myself it's the best item I've ever made. I could not have done it without the many many people here who answered my amazingly naive questions. It's a nice double cabinet with a 4 foot base on wheels and a maple face. It's nice enough that my wife said after I make a few more I can make some for inside the house.

The TS55 advise, the cabinet making videos to watch, the domino vs pocket holes discussions, plywood vs solid wood, everything. Thank you. There are so many people here who have helped me I struggled to come up with a list to thank because I know I'd miss people who have been invaluable. So if you've been answering really really dumb questions assume I'm thanking you personally!

And thank you to the admins for making the most useful woodworking community I've ever come across.

Lee Schierer
02-11-2022, 4:40 PM
Please post photos on our "Woodworking Projects (https://sawmillcreek.org/forumdisplay.php?29-Woodworking-Projects)" Board. We would love to see your work.

Frederick Skelly
02-11-2022, 7:14 PM
Glad it went well for you!
This is a great place to learn.
Fred

Bob Jones 5443
02-12-2022, 11:41 AM
Michael, you are the reason I’m proud to belong to this community.

Michael Rutman
02-12-2022, 7:51 PM

havent put on the door handles and the drawers are a bit off. I also want to trim the top with maple. I did a black laminate on top.

learned a ton, the face is 1/2 short because I was careless.

Jacques Gagnon
02-12-2022, 7:59 PM

the face is 1/2 short because I was careless.

Michael,

…you could also describe it as a « design feature »:D

good job!

Regards,

J.

Bruce Wrenn
02-12-2022, 9:56 PM
Michael,

…you could also describe it as a « design feature »:D

good job!

Regards,

J.