PDA

View Full Version : Poker Box for my Son-In-Law (Pics)

Charley Moore Jr.
01-17-2006, 7:01 PM
Here is a box for my Poker playing son in law.

Vaughn McMillan
01-17-2006, 8:06 PM
So Charley, either you've been saving these projects up to show them off all at once, or you've had a very, very busy day today building boxes and tables. ;)

Nice looking poker box for your son-in-law, and the other boxes and the firemen's table all came out looking great, too. Well done on all of them.

- Vaughn

Charley Moore Jr.
01-18-2006, 4:31 PM
Actually the conference table was built last spring. Im working on 14 boxes as we speak. I finished the 3 for my grand daughters yesterday when I posted them. I will finished 4 more by Monday and will post them also. They are full sized boxes 7X13. But yes I have been busy. I retired back in July and now I can spend the time in my shop. Thanks for the compliments.

Lars Thomas
01-18-2006, 4:38 PM
Whoooa there Charlie, we need some detail on the inlays - I love them. Lars

Jeff Sudmeier
01-18-2006, 5:00 PM
Charlie, how did you do the inlays? Yourself or purchased.. if purchased do you care to share where? My cousin wants a poker box...

THanks!!!!

Charley Moore Jr.
01-19-2006, 2:23 PM
Jeff, I do all the inlays myself. I cut them out with a scapel. They are really not that hard to do. More time consuming than anything. I use both the template method and the window method.

John Miliunas
01-19-2006, 2:59 PM
Jeff, I do all the inlays myself. I cut them out with a scapel. They are really not that hard to do. More time consuming than anything. I use both the template method and the window method.

Yeah, maybe not hard for you to do but, you haven't personally met old "Mr. Thumbs" over here! :o Nice job, Charley! The detail and inlay work is awesome! :) :cool:

Jeff Sudmeier
01-19-2006, 3:01 PM
Yeah, maybe not hard for you to do but, you haven't personally met old "Mr. Thumbs" over here! :o Nice job, Charley! The detail and inlay work is awesome! :) :cool:

Or Mr Thumbs number 2!!!

Great job Charlie!!