PDA

View Full Version : 13" WoodTek wide Belt Sander model CT-1332C

Ron Smith
02-07-2022, 6:06 PM
I have a WoodTek 13" wide belt sander model #CT-1332C -- I bought it from a woodworking friend -- (God rest his soul) -- i did some work on it and got parts from Woodworkers supply -- they have since discontinued this model -- the problem I have is the DC Gear motor that turns the conveyor belt has failed -- the DC gear motor on the machine has no nameplate -- so finding a replacement is a problem -- i have a few pieces of info -- the Woodtek part # is 900888A24 -- in the parts list the rotor says 1hp/15x90VBH -- the conveyor has a rheostat that controls speed from 0-12 rpm
(0 to 3.7 m) -- what i am asking if anyone has this type of machine and if they have a supplier of more info on this type of DC gear motor -- Thanks

Patrick Kane
02-07-2022, 6:10 PM
I would look for the closest Grizzly model and see what their replacement part looks like. You will probably end up replacing the control switch and motor together.

Ron Smith
02-21-2022, 9:52 PM
i contacted Grizzly customer service a week ago and no answer back yet

Aidan McCarthy
05-15-2023, 10:44 AM
For what it's worth, I have one of these and have just finished fixing a dead conveyor belt.

After testing everything I determined that the transformer that steps the 240v down to 120v for the conveyor speed controller and motor, was fried. You can test this by checking the continuity between the two wires on both the primary winding and the secondary winding (In my case these were RED for the primary, and GREY for secondary) . If there is no continuity, then it's dead.

After ordering a replacement transformer I've come to the conclusion that the supplied transformer was way under spec for the DC gear motor. With a Full Load Armature Amps DC of 0.84 and a Voltage rating of 90VDC, the Volt Amps (VA) rating of the transformer should be at least 75VA. I ordered a 50VA replacement and can fairly easily get it to trip under load. I have a 100VA on the way.

For reference, I got this one from Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008FM4L78) which is a Functional Devices TR100VA008 (https://www.functionaldevices.com/product/tr100va008/)

You can also test the actual DC gear motor by applying a small voltage to it directly (12v or so). If it turns slowly, then it's good.