PDA

View Full Version : Woodpecker Package Arrived

Rich Riddle
02-03-2022, 4:20 PM
The Woodpeckers pocket rules showed up in the mail today, despite the ice storm. Luckily, The pocket rules seem to be decent quality. A few years ago I thought only old men, like Canadian Rod Sheridan, wore shop aprons with pocket rules and squares in them.

473057 473058

George Bokros
02-03-2022, 4:50 PM
Why did you choose the aluminum over the stainless steel version? I have been thinking about the stainless version.

Thanks

Rich Riddle
02-03-2022, 5:06 PM
George, it's strictly for function. I find the aluminum version easier to read.

George Bokros
02-04-2022, 7:32 AM
Thanks Rich. I can see where that could be the case with the white against the red compared to the black on the ss. My thinking is that on the ss version the numbers / marks are closer to the material.

Rich Riddle
02-04-2022, 8:20 AM
George, no problem. Have you seen both in person? I have some other red/white Woodpeckers items and some Starrett tools and looked at both. You're right about closer to the work as the stainless model is half the thickness of the aluminum model. There are no markings on the side, but I use the locking rule stop mechanism when measuring/marking.

On a side note, I hope you survive the storm well in Northeast Ohio. I get to drive up there on Sunday.

Steve Eure
02-04-2022, 8:26 AM
I have the 8" pocket rule and absolutely would be lost without it in my work flow. Mine is aluminum, and I have no problem reading the markings. I use it primarily for scribing. One of my go-to tools.

Rich Engelhardt
02-04-2022, 8:54 AM
Great solid little tools.
I have an aluminum one that I won in a Facebook contest from Carbide Processors a few years back - when they were a one time tool.