PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation for a mobile stop switch

Kyle Stiefel
01-29-2022, 5:08 PM
Hello folks,

I am looking for a remote stop switch to hook up on the lathe. I'm searching the forums, vendors etc and trying to find a plug and play type option that perhaps someone here can point me in the best direction. Lathe is 3hp on single phase, Grizzly 0800 to be specific. I did find a guy on youtube who has the specific model and did some cool stuff but I have been unable to connect with him.

Ideal switch would be in a magnetic box that is moveable so I can place where ever on lathe for desired project. Even more impressive would be if there was a potentiometer but that would likely require me fabricating a custom unit.

Please share pics, thoughts and/or links to options if you desire.

Appreciate the help.

Richard Coers
01-29-2022, 5:34 PM
Your lathe plugs into single phase, but has a VFD and a 3phase motor. Some folks pull the control panel from the lathe, put on a long cord, and then put in a box with a magnet on the back.

Kevin Jenness
01-29-2022, 5:56 PM
You should be able to program your vfd for a remote low voltage start/stop switch, easily sourced. Put it in a housing with rare earth magnets on the back.

Kyle Stiefel
01-29-2022, 6:20 PM
Your lathe plugs into single phase, but has a VFD and a 3phase motor. Some folks pull the control panel from the lathe, put on a long cord, and then put in a box with a magnet on the back.

Yes, correct, thanks. That is a great idea.