PDA

View Full Version : Photo of my wife and her old boyfriend at Woodstock 1969

Mel Fulks
01-23-2022, 5:42 PM
We didn’t know it existed ! She saw it on line yesterday. They have been selling those for years! We got the last one the
seller had and are delighted to have it. I’m pretty sure they are printing more. Now, how do I get MY FACE on the new
batch?

Maurice Mcmurry
01-23-2022, 7:08 PM
Thats just crazy! do we get to see it? I was there in spirit even though I was just a nipper.

Mel Fulks
01-23-2022, 10:16 PM
The small eBay pic shows, even though it’s out. But Lynn said go google Woodstock fashions , and Woodstock couples. Think it’s in both.

Mel Fulks
01-23-2022, 10:41 PM
Photos of couples at Woodstock, Getty images.
just saw it there

John K Jordan
01-23-2022, 10:44 PM
... Now, how do I get MY FACE on the new
batch?

Digitize the photo. Changing a face can be a relatively easy manual task with Photoshop if you have a suitable photo.

I heard about Woodstock after it was over.

In 1969 I did travel from Berea College in KY to an event with music - in Washington DC where a 1/2 million people converged for the Moratorium March. I took a camera and a satchel of TriX film and shot a documentary, well into my photography and journalism career (fading when I discovered computers!) With the crowds and music and *everything* else it was probably somewhat similar at times to Woodstock, without the mud but with teargas instead and armed military on every roof for added excitement. I carried a portable reel-to-reel tape recorder under my jacket with a microphone up my sleeve and recorded Earl Scruggs and other musicians on stage at the Wash Memorial. Arlo Guthrie was there, Peter Paul and Mary, Pete Seeger...

I printed and displayed a photo essay at the college. I should dig those out and digitize them some day. The tape recordings are long gone.

JKJ

Mel Fulks
01-23-2022, 10:54 PM
John , thanks for that. I should have said it was just a joke. What makes you think I could be so petty ?? !!! Who told on me !

She was wearing a yellow blouse with an embroidered front

Mel Fulks
01-23-2022, 11:10 PM
The guy , Bob Lewinski, is wearing a fur shirt with a vest.

Oops ! it’s Bob Lewendowski. My spelling was wrong. I’m sorry. They lived in Syracuse New York.

Myk Rian
01-24-2022, 10:00 AM
I know a couple people that never returned from Woodstock. Well, their bodies did.

Prashun Patel
01-24-2022, 11:58 AM
what am i missing? Where's the picture?

Mel Fulks
01-24-2022, 12:14 PM
Prashun, It’s in Getty Images. When our eBay pic gets here by mail I will post it.

Bert Kemp
01-24-2022, 12:22 PM
Yea I must have missed it to wheres the photo. Woodstock 1969 I was in Okinawa working for Uncle Sam LOL, listening to all that music that hated the War

John K Jordan
01-24-2022, 1:00 PM
John , thanks for that. I should have said it was just a joke. What makes you think I could be so petty ?? !!! Who told on me !

She was wearing a yellow blouse with an embroidered front

Maybe you should actually make one - and give it to her as a joke!

JKJ

Rod Sheridan
01-24-2022, 8:51 PM
We didn’t know it existed ! She saw it on line yesterday. They have been selling those for years! We got the last one the
seller had and are delighted to have it. I’m pretty sure they are printing more. Now, how do I get MY FACE on the new
batch?

You don’t, you weren’t there with her, and I expect that you’re not aTime Lord.

Really neat that the photograph exists, any chance you could post it please?

Bert Kemp
01-24-2022, 11:32 PM
Prashun, It’s in Getty Images. When our eBay pic gets here by mail I will post it.

why don't you just post the photo here. You know the rule. No Pic it didn't happen

Mel Fulks
01-25-2022, 1:10 AM
It’s on its way here and will be posted in no more than two days according to info from seller. We are excited about it and appreciate the
interest of this fine group.
Mel

Bert Kemp
01-25-2022, 3:05 AM
It’s on its way here and will be posted in no more than two days according to info from seller. We are excited about it and appreciate the
interest of this fine group.
Mel

give us a link to where it is online we'll bring it here from there

Mel Fulks
01-25-2022, 11:58 PM
Bert, I just now saw your post. All I know is it’s on Getty Images on line to view. And on Ebay , I think I’ve sent name of seller . I wrote
Earlier that I only knew of one seller. I misread the fine print of seller , If I’m remembering right at this time it’s gonna be a week more
than what I misread . I suggest going to eBay guy and blow up pic. I will get that pic up soon as I possibly can.
Thank you.

Mel Fulks
01-26-2022, 12:18 AM
eBay item Silvc-39 Can’t remember if s was a capital