PDA

View Full Version : What a dream shop looks like.

johnny means
01-20-2022, 9:04 PM
So I'll be working in a new space soon. The completed frame is the little building. The main building has a 150 ridge beam. It's gonna be like working in a temple.

Frank Pratt
01-20-2022, 10:10 PM
Ooooo... Please, I hope this is going to be a build journal. Very pretty.

Kris Cook
01-20-2022, 10:46 PM
Nice. Good luck on the build.

Greg Funk
01-21-2022, 12:33 AM
Fantastic start. I love timber frame shops.

Is it my computer or are those pictures rotated?

Scott Clausen
01-21-2022, 5:57 AM
I love it! Keep the pictures coming.

Kevin Jenness
01-21-2022, 7:45 AM
That looks great, Johnny. Congratulations.

glenn bradley
01-21-2022, 7:58 AM
Please take a lot of pics along the way. Thee builds can be inspiring and super helpful even for those already in a finished shop. I imagine for most of us retrofitting our existing structure is the rule of the day and ideas are always welcome.

Tom M King
01-21-2022, 8:20 AM
That's Really Awesome!!! Are you going to miss the trains, and the rabbit rescue neighbor?

Jim Becker
01-21-2022, 9:50 AM
I so wish I could afford a small timber frame for my upcoming new shop building project...they whole look and feel seems "so right". But alas...I doubt it will be near the top of the short list.

Mark Hennebury
01-21-2022, 10:05 AM
Wow ! I would love to have a place like that.

Bob Riefer
01-21-2022, 10:36 AM
Nice, will follow this thread closely!

Jim - if you're looking to talk shop with a local timber framer, Brian Murphy is very nice and knowledgeable. I know it may not be in the cards for your project, but in the spirit of networking and learning, here's the link: https://www.barnguys.com/

derek labian
01-21-2022, 10:56 AM
Ooooo... Please, I hope this is going to be a build journal. Very pretty.

That's going to be a gorgeous shop. +1 on the build journal.

Brian Tymchak
01-21-2022, 11:47 AM
I love it! Keep the pictures coming.

Congrats Johnny! For me that is truly a dream.

Yes, please update with more pics. I think if you take the pics in landscape, then SMC won't rotate.

Alan Lightstone
01-22-2022, 8:50 AM
Congrats Johnny! For me that is truly a dream.

Yes, please update with more pics. I think if you take the pics in landscape, then SMC won't rotate.

Love the shop, Johnny. Please keep the pictures coming.

The easiest way, if you have it, to get the pictures to not rotate, I have found, is to import them into Photoshop and re-save them as JPGs. Then post them. That seems to do the trick. There are other ways with other picture apps I have, but the photoshop way seems the easiest.

Patrick Kane
02-01-2022, 2:34 PM
I cant wait to see this come together. Hopefully i am doing something similar in 3 years.

Roger Feeley
02-06-2022, 3:23 PM
Fantastic start. I love timber frame shops.?
Timber framed shops.
Ivy covered college buildings
Palm trees by the beach

Some things just ought to be.

Patrick Kane
04-27-2022, 11:02 AM
Johnny, you are killing me. You post a few sideways photos of what is sure to be the best shop build thread of the last decade on this forum, and then you ghost us. Is it done? How awesome does it look? What spectacular tools are you filling this beauty with? Please come back...

Jon Snider
06-23-2022, 6:25 PM
The easiest way to adjust pic orientation is, assuming you’ve used an iPhone, edit the pictures in the Photo app. Select the edit button and then do something to the pic, either crop it a little or adjust one of the light or color values then click done. When you post it, is should be in the landscape orientation (hopefully).

Mike Stelts
06-24-2022, 8:26 AM
I think Johnny's updates disappeared because after construction was complete and he walked into the shop for the first time, he realized that he built it sideways.

Tom Bain
06-25-2022, 12:02 AM
I think Johnny's updates disappeared because after construction was complete and he walked into the shop for the first time, he realized that he built it sideways.

I’m thinking his shop was actually a gateway to Narnia and he hasn’t yet returned …