PDA

View Full Version : Pozidriv Screwdriver Set

Andrew Seemann
01-18-2022, 8:27 PM
Hi folks,

Does anyone make a decent Pozidriv screwdriver set? Decent as in Klein level quality, not Harbor Freight or no-name brands. I keep running into more and more of these and mangling them with my Phillips screwdrivers (I just galled up some cup hinge hardware on a cabinet). I don't seem to find many options for Pozidriv tooling.

I know you can get Pozidriv bits and I have some, but I don't like using them in hand adapters, if I can avoid it. I prefer an actual solid screwdriver when I need to hand drive things.

Thanks!

mike stenson
01-18-2022, 8:37 PM
Both Wera and Wiha do.

Erich Elfeldt
01-19-2022, 12:17 AM
I second the WIHA's. I think that they made the ones for BLUM. That is what we use in our shop.

joe maday
01-19-2022, 1:54 AM
snap on or Mac tools

Jim Becker
01-19-2022, 10:11 AM
I believe that Lee Valley may have some nice options for this.

Mitch schiffer
01-19-2022, 1:22 PM
I have there wera set. I'm happy with them. If you check out kctool.com they have several different high quality options.

Michael Schuch
01-19-2022, 3:22 PM
Where is everyone running into these pozidrive screws? Are they coming in a kit with other hardware like hinges and such?

Mitch schiffer
01-19-2022, 3:40 PM
Where is everyone running into these pozidrive screws? Are they coming in a kit with other hardware like hinges and such?

They are common with cabinet door hinges as well as some other cabinet hardware.

Christopher Wellington
01-19-2022, 4:58 PM
PB Swiss makes good ones. I have a single #2 Pozidriv from them for those odd fasteners that need it.

Where I've most recently run into PZ is in cabinet door hinge adjustment mechanisms. Two of the screws were Phillips and one was Pozidriv (??).

Ikea furniture uses them too, but a bunch of woodworkers are...uh...not exactly their target market.

Chris Parks
01-19-2022, 7:20 PM
I use both Pz & Phillips driver bits a fair bit and to quickly identify them I put different colour heat shrink sleeves on all of them.