PDA

View Full Version : Weekend doin's...sort of (and huge gloat!)

Perry Schmidt
07-18-2003, 10:21 PM
This is what I'll be doing this weekend! Last night at 2:18am Daniel Kenenth Schmidt arrived! Mom is doing well, and he had some breathing problems early on that that thought was caused by an infection. As of today he's breathing well, doing good and both are scheduled to be home Sunday! And Dad - although very tired - is VERY happy!!

Welcome Daniel - future woodworker of America! :) (I think he's crying because I told him Daddy doesn't have a bandsaw or planer yet...we'll have to discuss this w/ mom :)

Paul Downes
07-18-2003, 10:32 PM
Congradulations to all three of you! Tell the little woman that you need to build the little guy a curved dash rocking cradle so that he will sleep through the night. Of course you will have to get a little ole bandsaw to get those curves just right. I just got Grizzly's G0513 this week. Great saw, I would highly recommend it. Enjoy each day with the babe, they sure are neat!

Angelo Schembari
07-18-2003, 10:50 PM
Congrats Perry! The best of the best! Our little bundle of joy arrived 2 weeks ago and things haven't been the same since. FWIW, get some sleep whenever you can!

Beautiful baby. Best wishes to all 3.

Angelo

Ken Garlock
07-18-2003, 11:14 PM
It a boy -- good planning Perry :)

Congratulations on the new "chip off the block". Glad to hear that everyone is doing well. Best wishes to Peggy on a job well done.

You didn't give us the numbers on Daniel, weight, length and all that stuff.

Better start planning that new home. You know, a couple acres with a pony ;)

I am sure he will make you proud....

David Klug
07-18-2003, 11:56 PM
This is what I'll be doing this weekend! Last night at 2:18am Daniel Kenenth Schmidt arrived! Mom is doing well, and he had some breathing problems early on that that thought was caused by an infection. As of today he's breathing well, doing good and both are scheduled to be home Sunday! And Dad - although very tired - is VERY happy!!

Welcome Daniel - future woodworker of America! :) (I think he's crying because I told him Daddy doesn't have a bandsaw or planer yet...we'll have to discuss this w/ mom :)

Congatulations to you and your wife Perry. I can see you have a nice start. Children are one of the best blessing that we can have. I'm sure you will have fun teaching him woodworking.

Dave

Terry Hatfield
07-19-2003, 1:27 AM
Perry,

Now that is a gloat!!!!! Congrats.

BTW...I'm really glad that mine are not that size anymore. :D

Terry

Kevin Gerstenecker
07-19-2003, 8:43 AM
Congratulations Perry! Good to hear that Mom, Dad and Baby are doing fine. Enjoy him while he's a little shaver.........they get big in no time! :D Thanks for sharing the pictures of the new addition.........he looks like future Woodworker to me. ;)

Ron McNeil
07-19-2003, 8:57 AM
Congratulations Perry!

That's a fine looking son you and the wife have there. Hers's hoping a wonderful and healthy life for Daniel & family. That is a wonderful gloat.

Ted Shrader
07-19-2003, 9:56 AM
Perry -

Congratulations. Handsome son you folks have there. He will keep you busy for the next few weekends - say for about 18 - 20 years.

Congrats,
Ted

Daniel Rabinovitz
07-19-2003, 11:10 AM
Perry and wife,
Congratulations!
That's really great. And he has a great, intelligent, and biblically historical name - Daniel (in the lion's den)
Best Regards
Daniel

Jason Roehl
07-19-2003, 11:44 AM
A hearty congratulations on the little bundle of joy! May you and your family be blessed through little Daniel.

Mark Hulette
07-19-2003, 6:22 PM
Wow- now THAT'S a gloat!!

As others have said- enjoy them as long as possible... at least till they're 30 or so! :)

I've got 2 and the youngest is 18 months and is a ton of fun! Remember to take lots of pictures and videos!

Perry Schmidt
07-19-2003, 11:51 PM
It a boy -- good planning Perry :)

Congratulations on the new "chip off the block". Glad to hear that everyone is doing well. Best wishes to Peggy on a job well done.

You didn't give us the numbers on Daniel, weight, length and all that stuff.

Better start planning that new home. You know, a couple acres with a pony ;)

I am sure he will make you proud....

Quite right Ken - it was late, I was tired...that's my excuse :)

Daniel is 19.5" and 6lbs, 15oz. We went into the hospital about 11pm, and they had a ton of people in labor/delivery. They had to 'find' us a room. After about 1 1/2 hours, one of the nurses said 'it's fake labor pains, you'll probably go home soon'. Then I went to fill out paper work...I come back and there is a mass of activity in her room, and less than 2 hours later, we had a boy! One of the nurses said 'last one in, first one done.' :)

Anyway, thanks again for all the well wishes! We greatly appreciate it and are enjoying things very much!

Perry (Peggy, Samantha and Daniel too!!)

Howard Barlow
07-20-2003, 1:30 AM
Way to go, Perry! Great looking family. Congratulations.

Byron Trantham
07-20-2003, 8:41 AM
have you picked out his table saw yet?

Congratulations on a fine family.