PDA

View Full Version : Sawstop PCS tilt-axis alignment

David B. Morris
01-12-2022, 4:55 PM
Hello all, I bought a Sawstop PCS a few months ago but am only getting into setting it up now. Aligning the table to the blade is simple enough, but in checking the alignment of the tilt axis (i.e., parallelism between that axis and the table) I found it off by over .003. I followed (or thought I followed) the manual's rather complicated instructions for adjusting it and ended up making it worse. Sawstop says it's the only manufacturer that allows this adjustment on its saws, and I'd like to know how to do it for future reference. Their site has no videos or PDFs on this topic, and their tech service seems unable to give me any additional info.

If any of you have been through this procedure with a Sawstop I sure would appreciate your advice.

Frank Pratt
01-12-2022, 9:00 PM
Sorry, mine was just about dead on from the factory, so I didn't have to do any adjusting.

There's a guy by the name of Trent Davis that works for SawStop. I don't know if he's still in tech support, but he runs a SawStop group on Facebook and if you post the question there, he may be able to help. He's the kind of guy that loves a good challenge. You have to request an invite to join the group, but that's usually granted pretty quickly.

That is, if you can dirty yourself by going on Facebook. I hate the place & only go there for a few specific groups or people.

David B. Morris
01-13-2022, 9:45 AM
Thank you, Frank. I just sent Trent a request.