PDA

View Full Version : Doll Bed

Marvin Keys
01-16-2006, 9:37 PM
I just thought I would post a quick project I did for my daughter. My wife wanted her to have a doll bed for her new doll, so I took some scrap and here is the result. My wife made the bedding. My daughter's favorite thing to do is take all the bedding off and sit in the bed.

Corey Hallagan
01-16-2006, 9:43 PM
Nice little project Marvin. I am sure your daughter will get lots of use out of it, maybe it will become a family heirloom!

corey

Mike Monroe
01-17-2006, 12:27 AM
I made similar beds for my daughters dolls last Christmas (2004). Each was a little different though, Federal vs. Heppelwhite, stained different colors also. The beds match the doll Armoires I made them the previous Christmas. This year they got a doll swing to share. Now that they each have two dolls, they want bunk beds... crazy.

Dick Parr
01-17-2006, 8:21 AM
Great job Marvin. Those types of projects are really fun to do because the new owner is so happy Dad or Grandpa made it.:D

That is only the start of things to make for them.;)

Jim Becker
01-17-2006, 10:53 AM
Geepers...this must be doll bed month! I posted pics little more than a week ago and there is another new thread today from a new SMC member with a couple of 'em; and now yours. Ok....EVERYBODY has to make a doll bed before the end of the month!! :D :D (You need a 12.5" long "mattress" for a Barbie, folks... ;) )

(Nice job, Marvin!!!!!!)

Marvin Keys
01-18-2006, 11:19 AM
I noticed after I posted and then later did a search to find my post (I missed it when scrolling) and it came up with two other threads in addition to mine.

This particular bed was made for a "Bitty Baby" doll made by the American Girl doll company, so the mattress is 20". It took longer than I expected because I decided it would be a chance to work on my mortise & tenon joinery technique. If nothing else, that doll bed is sturdy, I know because I stood on it.