PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting 3D guide drawers to compensate for racking in the case

Brian Runau
01-08-2022, 12:24 PM
I am building an upright mission style chest. I have a little racking after glue up. Not bad, but it seems to be affecting how some of the drawers close, even with the grass 3D adjustable guides I am using. The drawers are inset design. I have installed the guides with the same set back on each side of the case. I have installed the drawer faces on the drawers and roughly set the gaps on all four sides. I will find tune everything going forward.

My problem is because of the racking, when I close a couple of the drawers with normal force they close to the correct position on the right, but the left side stays a little product of the leg. There is room for it to go back and it will with a little touch, but the force of the spring is having trouble pulling it all the way back due to the racking. Drawer boxes are square etc...

What if I put the right hand guide a little farther back than the left so when I close the drawer it is flush on the left and to far inset on the right. Then adjust forward using the 3D adjustment to push the right side out more to be flush with the leg?

Open to suggestions and any help.

Thanks.

Brian