PDA

View Full Version : Many a good person here so I want to ask

Jim Hager
01-16-2006, 6:51 PM
My son took a flight out of NW Arkansas headed for rural India on a missionary trip for two weeks. He will be ministering to some of the people over there in a very backward area as per his description. I just wanted to ask this group of fine people here to pray for him and his fellow travelers to give them the words to speak, the health and safety needed and the grace to continue their work over there in a place that I surely don't understand.

I am proud of him for taking this stand but at the same time worried about his safety. He went along with a group of 18, they just landed in Chennai India just a couple of hours ago and are now catching a bus for a 5 hour ride out into the country somewhere.

Dennis Peacock
01-16-2006, 7:08 PM
Jim,

You can count on the LOML and I to be praying for him and his group.

Karl Laustrup
01-16-2006, 7:35 PM
We're with you up here, Jim.

Praying for a safe trip for your son and his companions.

Karl

Ron Jones near Indy
01-16-2006, 7:40 PM
Prayers going out for your son and his group and well as the loved ones they left behind.

John Bailey
01-16-2006, 7:45 PM
Jim,

I have a lot of friends from India. My wife has been there many times. Although the culture is very different, it is not so different from ours in terms of human dignity and sanctity of life. I'm sure he will be well, and I'm sure you are proud of him for his courage. Our thoughts and prayers will be with him.

John

Jim Becker
01-16-2006, 7:54 PM
The Indian people are very gracious. I'm sure your son will have a wonderful stay in the country that will be with him always.

Jim Stastny
01-16-2006, 9:30 PM
He has my prayers.

Jim O'Dell
01-16-2006, 9:42 PM
I'll add your son and the group to my prayer list also. There are many types of missions going on, not all specific Church sponsored. What group is this working through? Jim.

Tom Hamilton
01-16-2006, 9:50 PM
Jim, thanks for the invite to join the prayer support team. I'll add your son to our list tomorrow in our Tuesday Men's Bible Study. ;)

Blessings, Tom

Jim Hager
01-16-2006, 9:59 PM
I'll add your son and the group to my prayer list also. There are many types of missions going on, not all specific Church sponsored. What group is this working through? Jim.

He has gone with Elmdale Baptist Church in Springdale AR. This is not his own church but a church of someone of his friends that he works with. They apparently take a trip of this sort every year. One team went in two weeks ago and now they have taken their place.

Thanks to all for your prayers of support for the group. I knew I could count on this bunch.:)

John Miliunas
01-16-2006, 10:05 PM
Got it covered, Jim! Our prayers for efforts like that are the least we can do! God speed to your son and his team mates!:) :cool:

Jerry Olexa
01-16-2006, 10:40 PM
Jim, he and his group will be in our prayers. I have much respect for people like your son willing to make that big sacrifice. You should be proud...

Vaughn McMillan
01-16-2006, 10:41 PM
I work with several great Indian folks, and another (Anglo) co-worker took a leave of absence and taught school there for a couple of years before returning to software engineering. As others have mentioned, India is, for the most part, a pretty civil place. (Same can be said about the USA, too.)

I'll keep your son and group in my thoughts, too, and hope the best for them all. Theirs is a good cause.

- Vaughn

Tyler Howell
01-17-2006, 9:24 AM
Got your back Jim,

Steven Wilson
01-17-2006, 10:22 AM
In going to the Tamil Nadu part of India your son chose an interesting part of India to visit. As long as he's respectful of the culture and the many religions that are there, keeps his mind open and his mouth closed he'll be fine. This area has experienced political upheaval in the past (PM Rajiv Gandhi was assasinated there) but has been fairly quiet recently. There is a lot to learn in India and Madras (Chennai) is a fairly dynamic place. It's the Detroit of India (80% of Indian cars are built there), and a lot of western outsourcing goes to this area of the country.

Dave Ray
01-17-2006, 11:03 AM
Jim, just know he has been added to the prayer chain at my church. Also know we will say prayers for the parents of this young man in thanksgiving to them for raising such a fine courageous son.

Jim Hager
01-17-2006, 1:41 PM
Just an update. Brent called this morning from India, it was nearly 10pm there and he had been having a really good experience so far. He says that they are going to stay put in this one area for a couple of days then move on out into the countryside some.