PDA

View Full Version : Dash Hound pen blanks

Steve Nix
01-01-2022, 6:28 PM
I got two friends who have Dash Hounds and I like to make them each a pen. Any suggestions as to where to get a Dash Hound pen blank . Thanks

Robert Hayward
01-01-2022, 6:54 PM
When you say Dash Hound, you do not mean Dachshund, do you?

Earl McLain
01-01-2022, 8:02 PM
Kallenshaan Wood Products makes a dachshund inlay kit. His laser cutting is great. It would be easier and cheaper to find someone to clear-cast a label, but those Kallenshaans are tops in my book. If you’ve not done one, goof to start with his concentric hearts—two blanks for the normal price of one, and a good way to get a feel for how they go together.
earl

Steve Nix
01-01-2022, 8:09 PM
That’s them, not interested in a kit I have to put together, looking for blanks completed.

Richard Coers
01-01-2022, 10:59 PM
When you say Dash Hound, you do not mean Dachshund, do you?
"Bear Dog" is the translation.

Rob Luter
01-02-2022, 7:25 AM
"Bear Dog" is the translation.

Pretty sure it's really "Badger Dog". From the AKC Website:

“Dachshund” is a German word meaning “badger dog,” and the breed’s German history goes back some 600 years. And, as the breed name suggests, the Dachshund was developed to enthusiastically dig his way into a badger den and dispatch its occupant. The Dachshund’s long, low body was custom-made for this dirty subterranean work.

We had a family friend who was stationed in Germany for years. He pronounced it "Dash Hound" too. I'm not sure if it was pronounced that way over there or he was just goofing off. Probably the latter.