PDA

View Full Version : (Festool Domino DF500) Can't Set Angle to 0 Deg If Fence Set Down All the Way

Minh Tran
12-30-2021, 2:32 AM
I'm not sure if this is something I'd never noticed until now but when the fence is down all the way, the angle can't be set to 0. Seen below.

The protractor isn't cut flush with the fence, which in this position is down all the way, so there is an angle offset.

But if you adjust the fence height to be parallel with the protractor feet, you can set the angle to 0. Seen below.

This just looks odd to me since I'm use to seeing the fence bottom out, making contact with the base plate as in the first picture. This needs to happen during a bevel plunge (https://youtu.be/CvI8P2dUY2I @18:48) but I don't remember if it needs to happen for a typical 90 deg corner butt-joint domino setup. The fence doesn't move the center of the bit, which is always 10 mm from the base (might vary depending on bit diam), so I'm guessing it doesn't really matter.

Does yours do something similar?

Kevin Jenness
12-30-2021, 7:25 AM
I never noticed it. I don't see why it would cause a problem unless you were trying to do a 1* or 2* bevel cut using the fence at the lowest point. For 90* joints registering off the base just raise the fence up as needed. I guess you could grind down the quadrant end a bit.

Randy Heinemann
12-30-2021, 5:52 PM
I've never had that problem with the fence set at 90 degrees. However, for angles, I believe that you need to raise the fence all the way, set the angle, then lower the fence. Maybe that will work foryou even though your setting the fence at 90.

Minh Tran
12-31-2021, 9:55 PM
Hi All,

I was at Rocklers today and checked the floor model. Saw the same offset so this is normal.