PDA

View Full Version : Moving, what would you do.

Rick Peek
12-26-2021, 7:59 AM
I’m getting ready to retire and building a new home in Tennessee. My house and shop won’t be done for a year. I estimate the cost to move my shop and store it ( I was thinking a pod) will be somewhere around 8-10k, could be more if I can’t get it all in one pod.
Would you sell and buy new?. Part of my issue is all my lumber. I have quite a stash and hate to give it up, especially at today’s prices. Much of my lumber is figured woods like flame birch, tiger maple, spalted maple, curly cherry ect.

Tom Giles
12-26-2021, 8:35 AM
Renting a uhaul and a self storage unit would be much cheaper

Ronald Blue
12-26-2021, 8:37 AM
Look into buying a used shipping container when you are closer to making the move. There are companies that specialize in selling and moving them. They are typically 20 and 40 feet lengths. Have it moved to the new home location and unloaded there. Their trailers are roll back flat beds and they self unload and load. They have a winch to pull the container on. You just need an accessible level place to unload it. When you have it emptied you can always resell it. Just a thought to consider.

Don Penniman
12-26-2021, 8:54 AM
A U-Haul truck and storage unit could be cost-effective (I recently paid $70/day for a U-Haul truck and $115/month for a 10'x15' storage unit)

The important question: Do you have muscular sons/daughters/nephews/nieces? In recent years, with various moving and demolition tasks, my muscular son and weight-lifter nephew have been invaluble.

Jim Becker
12-26-2021, 10:19 AM
We moved earlier this year so I understand your concerns. Relative to lumber and other materials, I did initially rent a 10x10 storage unit at a place local to our new property. A couple of months ago, I replaced it with a 10x10 StorageLogic tent structure on top of a wood platform I built. The cost of this temporary structure was about the same as two month's locker rental after a sudden price hike hit. So if you have access to the property and it's an option do do something similar, it may be worth consideration. If you can find a 20' container (hard to come by these days) that would be a similar solution that could also store your tools securely, again if you have access to the site and can place the temporary storage on it. You would likely recoup most, if not all, your cost for the container if you sell it once the property is ready to move into.

That said, if storage of a large amount of stuff isn't practical, pick out what's most important to you to keep. For me, that would be hand tools, powdered hand tools and smaller machines that you'd want to have available immediately for any home improvements/projects you'd need to do right upon moving in. That includes precious material that you'd be hard pressed to replace with more common stuff being sold to other woodworkers. (I just did that with a ton of turning stock that I have no room for until I get a shop building up...another 'Creeker got it) Sell the rest of the machinery and bank the money. This can be an opportunity for you to setup shop in a new and better way once you are settled. I've taken that approach for some aspects of my machinery as my temporary shop situation just wouldn't support the space necessary to keep all the big stuff and I chose not to move and pay to store, for example, the big sliding table saw that was the centerpiece of my old shop. I'll replace it when I have a building.

Tough choices, but again...opportunity, too.

Cary Falk
12-26-2021, 10:34 AM
If you don't like your current mix of tools then sell them and buy new. I hate using Craig's List more and more each year. I don't think I bought or sold anything in the last 2 years. I did a quick inventory about 6 months ago and not counting all of the little stuff it would take me $65K to replace the large machinery I have in the one bay of our garage. It adds up quick.

Jacques Gagnon
12-26-2021, 10:58 AM
We moved earlier this year so I understand your concerns. Relative to lumber and other materials, I did initially rent a 10x10 storage unit at a place local to our new property. A couple of months ago, I replaced it with a 10x10 StorageLogic tent structure on top of a wood platform I built. The cost of this temporary structure was about the same as two month's locker rental after a sudden price hike hit. So if you have access to the property and it's an option do do something similar, it may be worth consideration. If you can find a 20' container (hard to come by these days) that would be a similar solution that could also store your tools securely, again if you have access to the site and can place the temporary storage on it. You would likely recoup most, if not all, your cost for the container if you sell it once the property is ready to move into.

That said, if storage of a large amount of stuff isn't practical, pick out what's most important to you to keep. For me, that would be hand tools, powdered hand tools and smaller machines that you'd want to have available immediately for any home improvements/projects you'd need to do right upon moving in. That includes precious material that you'd be hard pressed to replace with more common stuff being sold to other woodworkers. (I just did that with a ton of turning stock that I have no room for until I get a shop building up...another 'Creeker got it) Sell the rest of the machinery and bank the money. This can be an opportunity for you to setup shop in a new and better way once you are settled. I've taken that approach for some aspects of my machinery as my temporary shop situation just wouldn't support the space necessary to keep all the big stuff and I chose not to move and pay to store, for example, the big sliding table saw that was the centerpiece of my old shop. I'll replace it when I have a building.

Tough choices, but again...opportunity, too.

Jim:

I always suspected that you took great care of your tools, but never imagined it would go to that extent. :D

OP:

Tough choices; some of the parameters in your equation include:

- do you like your current set up or do you wish to change the type/size of equipment?

- are finances an issue? In general changing tools costs money - unless you are very lucky and find great deals.

- given the supply chain situation for certain products and markets, are you willing/comfortable with potential delayed delivery dates? This one could actually turn into an opportunity under a scenario whereby you might decide to sell and buy new. Delivery in 12 months or so should be relatively easy to achieve and the storage/delivery aspects would be covered as well.

My 2 cents.

Regards,

J.

Lisa Starr
12-26-2021, 11:18 AM
Consider talking to a moving company about their storage options. We moved locally, but I used a moving company to move all my shop equipment. I took care of removing things like the cast iron wings on my table saw and explained when getting quotes that I would be there and that there would be very specific ways each piece was to be lifted. They did it quickly and efficiently for less than $500.00. Depending on the available storage options, I would suspect you could move and store your shop for 1 year for less than $5K. Unless you want to be rid of some of your equipment, I think the sell/buy process would quickly exceed that.

Bill Dufour
12-26-2021, 11:42 AM
My city does not allow a storage container on the property for more then 12 months. After that you would have to have built a storage shed/garage etc. No such rules in my county for rural areas.
A one trip container is brand new made and filled in China with clean boxed goods then shipped empty to you. Essentially brand new but a bit cheaper then unused. Guaranteed water tight no rust etc.
Bill D.

Bill Dufour
12-26-2021, 11:46 AM
If the city does not allow containers might check with a rv storage yard if you can park a container there for a fee.
Bill D

ChrisA Edwards
12-26-2021, 12:49 PM
Moved lots of times and had to store multiple motorcycles and lawn mowers. Rented ground floor self storage with drive up access, usually a 10'x30' or 10' x 20'.

Paid around $200 per month on average.

Where in Tennessee, if reasonably close to Nashville, be more than happy to help on this end with loading/unloading.

Jim Becker
12-26-2021, 1:41 PM
Jacques, my tools are very particular about their powder... :) :D

Ronald Blue
12-26-2021, 3:27 PM
Another option is to list what you have here and some of us fine Creekers might offer to "store" them for you. :D Seriously though here is one of many container options. This one seems high to me but it's food for thought.

https://shipped.com/to/NA/US/New-York/Lake-George

Richard Coers
12-26-2021, 6:31 PM
You have to consider the supply chain issues that are not fixed yet. If you sell, place your order on new based on delivery times.

Jim Dwight
12-26-2021, 7:13 PM
When I moved to my current house I lost my shop and had to wait about a year to get another garage built so I had one. I got rid of wood of low value when I moved, little pieces, softwood, sheet goods, etc.. but kept the larger hardwood boards. I got rid of tools I did not like much (one was a home made bandsaw). But I kept all the tools that I liked and wanted in my new shop. I rented a storage unit close to the new house. I wish I had shopped around more before selecting the storage unit, however. Being close to the new house was not a good criteria. Anywhere within 20 miles or so would have worked fine, the effort is mostly in the loading and unloading. Even 50 miles wouldn't have been a big deal. I think I could have saved several hundred dollars by using a cheaper place. But the one I rented was clean and relatively safe and maybe a cheap one would not have protected my tools and wood as well.

I have a pickup now but I did not during this move. I just rented you haul trailers when I needed one and pulled them with my small SUV. I would probably pull a trailer with my truck if I did it now. You don't have to lift things as far to get them in the trailer. Even the biggest Uhaul covered trailer is pretty cheap to rent for a day. Getting the covered trailer protects against rain and also means you don't have to tie things down for short distance moves. I moved my daughter several times and we typically just loaded the floor and made multiple trips. That allowed us to rest up during the drive.

Ken Fitzgerald
12-26-2021, 7:27 PM
Look into buying a used shipping container when you are closer to making the move. There are companies that specialize in selling and moving them. They are typically 20 and 40 feet lengths. Have it moved to the new home location and unloaded there. Their trailers are roll back flat beds and they self unload and load. They have a winch to pull the container on. You just need an accessible level place to unload it. When you have it emptied you can always resell it. Just a thought to consider.

I agree with Ronald. Check out the prices. Locally there is a company here that rents these things out. My wife had a cousin who bought a couple to use as storage around his farm.

Rick Peek
12-26-2021, 9:55 PM
Thanks for all the reply’s. Can’t put a storage unit in the property, so that’s off the table. I don’t really know when my new home
will be finished. Will be at least a year,probably more. I’m really up in the air at this point. I’m going to try to rent a house with a 2 car
garage and hopefully can store (not set it up) in there.It’s the unloading of heavy equipment that worries me. My wife isn’t as strong as
you used to be! Lol.

Rick Peek
12-26-2021, 10:01 PM
Thanks,that’s a very nice offer, but we are building on Norris lake. Will be living near Knoxville until house is built.I suspect that’s a fair distance from you. Thanks again.

Clark Hussey
12-27-2021, 6:43 AM
Congratulations on getting out of NY. Has to be tough leaving the “Queen of American Lakes”. During a recent move. I was surprised to see how much room my tools took up. For figuring how much space you need. I would measure each piece of equipment, at its longest and widest point. Figure out how many sq ft they take up. Then multiple by 120%, this should be close to how much space you will need to transport them. You really can’t stack anything on top of them. Good luck on the move.

Ron Citerone
12-27-2021, 8:27 AM
I got rid of wood of low value when I moved, little pieces, softwood, sheet goods, etc.. but kept the larger hardwood boards. I got rid of tools I did not like much (one was a home made bandsaw). But I kept all the tools that I liked and wanted in my new shop. I rented a storage unit close to the new house. I wish I had shopped around more before selecting the storage unit, however..

I like the way you think. Good opportunity to keep the good stuff and jetison things you really don't want anymore

Jim Becker
12-27-2021, 8:41 AM
Thanks,that’s a very nice offer, but we are building on Norris lake. Will be living near Knoxville until house is built.I suspect that’s a fair distance from you. Thanks again.
John Jordan is near Knoxville. Perhaps he can make some suggestions for storage, etc. That said, you can store a LOT of stuff in a two vehicle garage as long as you're willing to park vehicles outside for the duration.

Carl Beckett
12-27-2021, 9:30 AM
I have done this 5 times now. Some internationally. Some local. My take: The answer will present itself depending on storage options. A couple times I left wood and other equipment at friends barn (or garage) for a period (over a year). Some of that ended up abandoned because the next move from there posed logistical issues. Another time I was able to drop a truckload in a family barn at an intermdiary state (this was cross country move). That was 3 years before getting it. Another time I rented a local storage, about $200/mo. That was about 5-6 months.

By far the best answer is if you can rent a house where you can store it in your garage. It doesnt get strewn out all over the place that way. And you can 'use' some of it (hand tools, etc) if need be. As mentioned, you really can store a lot in a 2 car garage if not trying to use it at the same time.

I mentioned in some other posts that one of the moves i packed the hand tools with food vacuum bags. A little WD40 and sealed them up. That worked great to prevent any time of surface rust.

My recent move I hired and it was expensive to find movers that can handle heavier equipment.

Good luck!!

Ronald Blue
12-27-2021, 10:25 AM
By far the best answer is if you can rent a house where you can store it in your garage. It doesnt get strewn out all over the place that way. And you can 'use' some of it (hand tools, etc) if need be. As mentioned, you really can store a lot in a 2 car garage if not trying to use it at the same time.

I mentioned in some other posts that one of the moves i packed the hand tools with food vacuum bags. A little WD40 and sealed them up. That worked great to prevent any time of surface rust.

The OP doesn't say specifically but it sounds like the move will happen when his new home is finished. Just my take. If he indeed is moving twice then the renting a home with a 2 car garage that could be an option as you say. Otherwise a shipping container could be a great option. Buy it, load it, have it moved, and sell it when finished unless you decide it is something worth keeping. That depends on lot's of unknowns.

The vacuum bags or even ziplocks with WD40 coating them is a great idea regardless. One never knows how long it will be before you get back to a specific tool. He will be going to an area that can be hot and humid.

Patrick Kane
12-27-2021, 10:35 AM
I might have missed it, but what tools do you have?

If we are talking a 15” planer and delta unisaw, then I’d sell them in a heartbeat and purchase other machines 1-2 years from now. If you have a wadkin pk as your main saw and similar machines, then you probably want to hang on to them and go through the hassle of moving and storing. Used machine prices are at an all time high right now, and I’m assuming you will be just fine in two years to purchase new or used machinery in a similar class.

When I move locally in a few years, I’m more than likely going to sell most of my wood and all of my machines. Great opportunity to start with a clean slate.

Jon Endres
12-27-2021, 10:42 AM
I've only ever moved across town with a shop full of equipment, and that was a pain in the butt anyway. Made a lot of trips with a borrowed or rented flatbed trailer and a pickup truck. My father-in-law has moved several times and he keeps downsizing each time he moves, to the point where he just keeps hand tools, small bench top or portable power tools, and a few select pieces of wood. He sells everything else.

My wife and I have been discussing the possibility of moving in a few years when we become "empty-nesters", and it would be a toss-up for me whether or not I would want to pay the shipping costs or just buy new stuff when I end up in a new place. I have a few machines with sentimental value, but the older I get, the less that's important. More than likely I'll just buy a 40' hi-cube shipping container, fill it with everything in the shop, and then hire a trucking company to transport it to wherever it's going. Build a new shop and keep the container for storage.

Tom Bender
12-29-2021, 8:47 AM
A storage unit sounds right to me. Consider storing in New York till it's time to move it to Ten'see. You will have the ability to select and schedule the unit and you can probably enlist friends to help. In a year or three you may be moving to Oklahoma or somewhere different. All you may decide to part ways with some of that stuff and won't have to move it. If you decide to rent you can rent small and store some household stuff too. A local storage solution can take some pressure off the whole business.

Jim Becker
12-29-2021, 9:02 AM
There is no question in my mind that since the rental home has a two vehicle garage, that's what I'd use for storing what the OP decides to move and it's also the least cost option...no additional rent. I actually had a not-happy situation with the storage unit I rented for my material when we moved earlier this year when they suddenly raised the monthly rate 70% after only four months. I got it knocked back a little by protest, but shortly thereafter found a different solution here on our new property. The OP doesn't have that luxury, however, as he indicated he would have no access to the home build site until after the new house is built.

Ronald Blue
12-29-2021, 10:48 AM
You never indicated what part of Tennessee are you going to? There are numerous Creekers in that state and they might be able to assist in some manner. I missed the follow up about renting a home and hopefully a garage. So a storage container during construction isn't an option? Because of covenants or zoning restrictions? If that's the case are you sure can build a shop? When we were looking for a place to build one subdivision we looked at didn't allow a separate unattached building and as I recall there was a restriction on how large the garage could be in relation to house square footage. You couldn't have a boat or RV parked on the property unless it fit in the garage.

andy bessette
12-29-2021, 12:44 PM
I have lost my lease on my present shop, but have a 20' cargo trailer in which I store my ultralight airplane. The trailer will be used to move to a new location. If you bought a similar trailer at a good price you could simply resell it when the move has been completed.

Rick Potter
12-29-2021, 1:40 PM
Fifteen years ago, when I last moved, the local United Van Lines mover filled all my big stuff into a big trailer, and stored it at their lot for a couple months. My lock, their lot.

When I was ready they hooked a truck to it, and finished the delivery. As I remember the rental for the trailer was not terribly high, and the loading and unloading was kept to a minimum.

Might be worth a phone call.

John K Jordan
12-29-2021, 3:21 PM
Thanks for all the reply’s. Can’t put a storage unit in the property, so that’s off the table. I don’t really know when my new home
will be finished. Will be at least a year,probably more. I’m really up in the air at this point. I’m going to try to rent a house with a 2 car
garage and hopefully can store (not set it up) in there.It’s the unloading of heavy equipment that worries me. My wife isn’t as strong as
you used to be! Lol.

Hello Rick.
I live not far from Norris Lake, near Clinton TN. I migrated to this area in 1969 from the frigid north. Great area!

Can you rent (or buy) a semi-trailer for the storage?

The end of the story: I bought one 8x9x45' for storage and have been using it on my property since 2004. (The wheels had been removed so it's essentially a shipping container.) We have a farm with llamas and horses and such and when looking for a quick place to store hay I bought an 8x8x40' aluminum shipping container. I've used it to store hay for many years now. The end with the doors is visible behind the hay trailer.

The bump in the story: While there are no zoning or permit requirements for ag-related things in this county I did run into a bit of trouble with the storage container. I had cleared and leveled a spot where it would fit but after I moved it there I discovered there was a setback requirement of 30' from the road. Unfortunately, the spot I prepared didn't have enough room for that so I did some earth moving and prepared another spot, the one visible in the photo above. It's 30' from the road but still easy access for the big trailer.

The reason the shipping container was not allowed on the first spot was because it wasn't on wheels so the county considered it a permanent structure, subject to the setback. The county codes guy said it would be OK to park a semi trailer in that spot indefinitely as long as it was on wheels and it had a valid tag and insurance. If it would work out, you could park a trailer there while your house/shop is being built. I couldn't be responsible for the contents however this is a dead-end lane and the spot is within view of at least 3 houses. As the spot is next to the road it has easy access for dropoff and pickup. It's in the little triangle at the top of this older sat photo:

I do nothing with that 1/10 acre other than dump logs or gravel there on occasion so a trailer wouldn't be in the way. If interested, I can double check with the county to make sure the rules haven't changed. Also, if you want I could check around for long-term semi trailer storage in one of the zillions of industrial companies in the area and see what kind of storage fees they have. Storage there would most likely be secured by a fence/gate. The company where I bought my excavator may even be willing - they certainly have the space.

I checked into purchasing a trailer at one point and it wasn't too expensive. Could be sold when done with it. Inexpensive to move!

BTW, unloading heavy things from a U-haul or semi trailer might not be a big problem even for temporary storage. There are a lot of people in the are, including me, who have tractors with forks. When I have heavy things delivered I usually get the shipping company to stop at a wide place on the main highway and drive the tractor down the hill. They LOVE that!

I assume you've visited the area concerning the property. If down again, let me know and perhaps you can come visit. (You might need to sign up as a "contributor" instead of as a "member" to use the messaging here, I don't know. But it's only $6 min a year, almost free! https://sawmillcreek.org/payments.php
There is also another gentleman who frequents here who has a house and new shop on Norris Lake.

JKJ

Rick Peek
01-01-2022, 7:57 AM
Thanks Clark. It is tough leaving here. It’s beautiful. Unfortunately the politics and taxes are crazy.Thus we are out of here!

Rick Peek
01-01-2022, 7:59 AM
Kind our thought. We are looking for a rental now with a 2 car garage.

Rick Peek
01-01-2022, 8:14 AM
You never indicated what part of Tennessee are you going to? There are numerous Creekers in that state and they might be able to assist in some manner. I missed the follow up about renting a home and hopefully a garage. So a storage container during construction isn't an option? Because of covenants or zoning restrictions? If that's the case are you sure can build a shop? When we were looking for a place to build one subdivision we looked at didn't allow a separate unattached building and as I recall there was a restriction on how large the garage could be in relation to house square footage. You couldn't have a boat or RV parked on the property unless it fit in the garage.

Norris lake, Knoxville area. We are doing a 3 car garage with a shop attached in an L shape. All approved. My issue with a shipping container is, it is going to be a pretty heavy construction zone, pretty steep lot with a lot of site work. I feel it would probably be in the way anywhere we put it. Also I’d be worried about theft. Pretty easy to cut even a heavy duty padlock off.

Brian Backner
01-01-2022, 8:35 AM
Use 6" tack welds to secure the shipping container doors. If the authorities want to check the contents when moved across state lines, it will not stop them from opening it, but what casual thief will want to be grinding away to remove several feet of weld even if they had the equipment to do it? Obviously, this would be for loooong term storage!

Jim Becker
01-01-2022, 9:47 AM
Norris lake, Knoxville area. We are doing a 3 car garage with a shop attached in an L shape. All approved. My issue with a shipping container is, it is going to be a pretty heavy construction zone, pretty steep lot with a lot of site work. I feel it would probably be in the way anywhere we put it. Also I’d be worried about theft. Pretty easy to cut even a heavy duty padlock off.
Be sure you catch John Jordan's last paragraph above in post #31...it may be a solution for you.

glenn bradley
01-01-2022, 9:52 AM
I am sorry I did not read the whole thread and this may be covered. The tools I let go when I relocated for "Silly-Cone Valley" were replaced by tools a little farther up the tier ladder but lower in quality. In the price range I live in it is difficult to find a quality product but diligent shopping and forum questioning can help you there. My point is that even if I pay near the price of a tool to store it I will probably end up with a better tool at about the same price as replacement in some instances.

I think you need to carefully pick and choose. Many tools are not lifetime tools. They degrade, wear normally or are just replaceable due to improvements in design. Sell these or leave them behind to reduce your storage requirements for lifetime tools. The secret to happiness is a time machine. If I had known what was going to happen to prices when COVID hit I would have a couple of storage containers on the property right now ;-)

Ronald Blue
01-01-2022, 10:58 AM
You certainly aren't going to be far from John Jordan then as he noted. I'm sure he can direct you to lot's of resources. This might be an option as well.

https://www.terminalexchangeservices.com/services-trailer-parking-network.html

Rick Peek
01-02-2022, 9:32 AM
Thank you so much, a very generous offer. I may very well make take you up on it. We will be down again soon. I need to find a place
to live while my house is being built. Another daunting task!

Jim Becker
01-02-2022, 10:32 AM
I hope you find your temporary place, Rick. The rental market is as crazy as the home sales market is right now. (one of the reasons we bought and moved before we sold for our downsize this past year) Be ready to commit immediately to any acceptable rental you find! It will not be there the next day in many cases.

Rick Peek
01-02-2022, 11:09 AM
I hope you find your temporary place, Rick. The rental market is as crazy as the home sales market is right now. (one of the reasons we bought and moved before we sold for our downsize this past year) Be ready to commit immediately to any acceptable rental you find! It will not be there the next day in many cases.
I’m becoming very aware of that! Problem is we aren’t moving until April, and I’m the kind of guy who needs to know where I’m going. Might have to pay a few months rent and not use it!

John K Jordan
01-02-2022, 11:31 AM
Thank you so much, a very generous offer. I may very well make take you up on it. We will be down again soon. I need to find a place
to live while my house is being built. Another daunting task!

If you locate a possible rental place on line we'd be glad to do what we've done for others and go look at it. My wife loves to do that!

She also has a good friend who is a realtor who may have some ideas. If you want her to ask, she's like to know your requirements on house and garage size and how far away from your building site you would consider. Fortunately, the Caryville/Lafollette exit on I-75 is close to where much of the new construction on Norris Lake seems to be happening.

I know some realtors rent to people who are building a house - when we bought this place in 2003 the realtor had rented it to a family while they were waiting for their new house to be completed.

You can send an email to me through the SMC profile if you'd like - that would be a quicker way to communicate.

JKJ

Rick Peek
01-02-2022, 11:56 AM
If you locate a possible rental place on line we'd be glad to do what we've done for others and go look at it. My wife loves to do that!

She also has a good friend who is a realtor who may have some ideas. If you want her to ask, she's like to know your requirements on house and garage size and how far away from your building site you would consider. Fortunately, the Caryville/Lafollette exit on I-75 is close to where much of the new construction on Norris Lake seems to be happening.

I know some realtors rent to people who are building a house - when we bought this place in 2003 the realtor had rented it to a family while they were waiting for their new house to be completed.

You can send an email to me through the SMC profile if you'd like - that would be a quicker way to communicate.

JKJ
We are on Maynardville side. Would like to be in north Knoxville area so we can be closer to our build site,but not to far from Knoxville as we will be running around picking out finishes and materials. I’ll send you my email.

Jim Becker
01-02-2022, 3:58 PM
I’m becoming very aware of that! Problem is we aren’t moving until April, and I’m the kind of guy who needs to know where I’m going. Might have to pay a few months rent and not use it!

That's a true statement...get what you can when you can and just opt to pay for it. It beats living in a tent or an RV!

Our younger daughter and SO are having a very hard time finding just a simple apartment right now as they have to move out of our old house before closing with the new owners in two weeks. If they are lucky, they may get something for March at the present time in our area. I actually offered to provide a small subsidy for a defined period of time if they have to take something that's one or two hundred dollars more than their budget...but still no joy. There are also almost no house rentals available, according to our RE agent which has been impacting some of his clients materially.