PDA

View Full Version : Ornaments

Ernie Kuhn
01-16-2006, 10:51 AM
Tried my hand at Christmas Ornaments and looking for constructive criticism, please.

Ernie

Jeremiah Jordan
01-16-2006, 11:24 AM
Very nice Ernie..the only thing i am wondering about is how much they weigh?

Very nice work.

Jeremiah

Corey Hallagan
01-16-2006, 12:17 PM
Very nice Ernie. How long is it? Looks great!

Corey

Bill Stevener
01-16-2006, 12:25 PM
Hi Ernie,
They appear to be very small and light, as well as, turned and decorated with great care.
How can you not like a Christmas Ornament, I think they are great.

Bill.>>>>>>>>>>>:)

John Hart
01-16-2006, 12:45 PM
Geez Ernie..Those are great!!! The detail is over the top. You clearly put a great deal of time into them. Criticisms? Only one...and is completely unnecessary....On #2, maybe extend the length of the finial or skinny it up a bit...but really, it looks good as is. :)

Ernie Kuhn
01-16-2006, 1:22 PM
Jeremiah, maybe a couple of ounces. Very light.
Cory, about 5" from tip to tip.
Bill, thankyou
John, my thoughts too. Probably a tad skinnier on both. The stems are from oak dowel and it was a chore not to have them splinter. Need more practice.
Thank you all. Just need to start sooner this year.
Ernie

Jeremiah Jordan
01-16-2006, 2:04 PM
My one comment was going to be about the weight, but no problem there...the color schemes are good and I wonder, how did you get that tree in there :o

Jeremiah

Ron Ainge
01-16-2006, 3:44 PM
The guy the taught me to turn ornaments told me to get a ornament that i liked and then try to make all mine weigh about the same as the one I had chosen. As others have said these look a bit heavy to me. I do like the reverse turning style that you are doing though.

Keith Burns
01-16-2006, 7:15 PM
The only thin I see is to skinny up/lengthen up the bottom thingies. The painting and detail is over the top.:)

Ernie Kuhn
01-16-2006, 7:42 PM
Jeremiah,
About the tree. I'd like to take credit for some whiz-bang special tooling but in truth, the tree is turned and painted on the end of the dowel before it is glued in to the ornament blank. Although I do have to admit to breaking a few when cutting the trunk. Just a little thinner, just a little thinner, WHANG! Off it went.
Ernie

Bernie Weishapl
01-16-2006, 8:26 PM
Ernie those a cool looking. You did a nice job.

Ernie Nyvall
01-16-2006, 9:38 PM
Those are cool Ernie. I like them.

Ernie