PDA

View Full Version : I came back.

Rob Glynn
01-16-2006, 6:54 AM
After an absence of more than a year, I am back.
I retired a few months ago and have now resumed woodwork - at last.
The first task is to get the spiders and webs cleaned out of the shop. The second task is to edit the wife's priority list.
Have you all noticed that your projects are entered at the bottom of the list and LOML's projects are entered at the top.

John Bailey
01-16-2006, 7:43 AM
Welcome back Rob,

Good to know ya'. Yes, I've noticed the way the list goes. However, I've also noticed the more you take care of the top half, the bottom half can be bigger. I'm building a shop now, but, I made sure to build my wife a greenhouse first. That has paid many dividends.

John

John Miliunas
01-16-2006, 9:12 AM
Nice to have you back, Rob! Enjoy your stay here at the Creek, as well as your time in the shop. :) As for "the list", I agree with John B., pretty much without exception! Get moma taken care of, with at least, a couple projects and they you're free to do some of your own. Well, until she starts up with the, "So, when are you going to start on the (insert her project here) you promised me?" :rolleyes: Ahhhhhh, but here's where it gets interesting, because for the "next promised project", you retort with, "Sure Dear, but I'm going to need a (insert tool here) to get it done properly." :D You see? In the end, it's a "Win/Win" situation! :D Have fun, Rob! :) :cool:

Jim Becker
01-16-2006, 11:04 AM
List items from the LOYL always float to the top...it's a natural law! Welcome back...and congrats on the retirement...something many of us may never be able to do! LOL ;)

Kent Cori
01-16-2006, 11:41 AM
We're glad your back Rob and congratulations on all the free time you will now have (unless of course the LOYL finds out you have any of it.) Judging from your avatar, you may want to make a hair cut your top priority. :D

John Bailey
01-16-2006, 3:13 PM
I don't know Kent, I was thinking a nose job!!:D

John

Dennis Peacock
01-16-2006, 7:12 PM
Welcome Back Rob.!!!! Glad to see ya make it back to SMC. Congrats on the retirement. :D