PDA

View Full Version : out feed table for saw stop contractors' style saw

jeff oldham
12-05-2021, 10:20 AM
has anyone made a outfeed table for saw stop contractors saw

Jeff Woodward
12-05-2021, 1:51 PM
I haven't made one for the contractor saw, but did make one for my PCS 3hp, which I didn't like all that much. SawStop sells an outfield table for the PCS, and perhaps the contractor saw you have. I bought it and it is simply fantastic. High recommendation for a guy who does work working everyday.

Frank Pratt
12-06-2021, 9:44 AM
I haven't made one for the contractor saw, but did make one for my PCS 3hp, which I didn't like all that much. SawStop sells an outfield table for the PCS, and perhaps the contractor saw you have. I bought it and it is simply fantastic. High recommendation for a guy who does work working everyday.

Some like the SawStop outfeed, but I do not. The open frame construction makes it useless for anything but an outfeed & I need that space for assembly as well. Mine is torsion box construction faced both sides with plastic laminate. No support needed on the end; I can lean on it & not have the saw tip. there is an 18" extension that can be hooked on that does use legs for support. A separate leaf for the router table can be raised when needed.

Let me know if you'd like further details or pics.

Sorry, just noticed that you asked about the contractor saw. I can't see why this wouldn't work on that, but it may need support legs on the back end to keep it stable.

jeff oldham
12-06-2021, 5:10 PM
that is really a great outfeed table frank,,,but i have the contractor saw where the motor sticks out on the back

Frank Pratt
12-06-2021, 6:05 PM
that is really a great outfeed table frank,,,but i have the contractor saw where the motor sticks out on the back

Right, I forgot about the motor.