PDA

View Full Version : Mill Route Carving System

richard poitras
01-15-2006, 11:03 PM
Has any body have and information on one of these machines, / MILL ROUTE CARVING SYSTEM /It is a sign carving system like the terrco or the gemini so I have been told, but I can not find out any information on them. (Nothing on the internet.)My freind told me about this guy who has one for sale , but it is 12 years old and I would like to find out if you can get parts for it or any info or back ground (if they work good and so on, before I go look at it.

Dan Racette
01-16-2006, 1:04 PM
there was a system called the mill right or mill wright system. I believe it attached to the table saw wing and was basically an x-y coordinate router.

Sign routers include terrco sign maker, you could build your own 'copycarver' found at a dot.com of the same name. Gemini is at "wood-carver" at a dot.com of the same name. I have seen the "propeller carver" too. In one of the books that I have from tauton, tables and chairs another guy set up one based on nylon webbing around a kraft core roll, with an angle grinder with a carving head such as an arbortech, or the chainsaw type.

Michael Fortune spoke of his homemade model too.

It basically is a 1:1 pantograph with a router motor on one arm and a pin to ride over the surface of the copy part, both on a counterweight. If I find the michael fortune videos, they are helpful to see it in action.

richard poitras
01-18-2006, 6:40 PM
Thanks for your insight, I did end up going and looking at the mill-route it is very much like the terro and the gemini, it was in very good shap and priced right so I ended up bying it. Thanks agian.