PDA

View Full Version : Lock

William Desrochers
01-15-2006, 9:56 PM
Hi all,

I'm trying to find this type of locking hardware. But no luck so far?

Will

Michael Ballent
01-15-2006, 10:06 PM
Lee Valley has all sorts of hardware and Rockler as well. I cannot tell too much about what you are looking for exactly but at least those are 2 companies to give you a starting off point. :D Good luck in your search.

William Desrochers
01-15-2006, 10:23 PM
Lee Valley has all sorts of hardware and Rockler as well. I cannot tell too much about what you are looking for exactly but at least those are 2 companies to give you a starting off point. :D Good luck in your search.

Mike i already look at them, and spend a few hours on google. I think i'm not naming it right?

Bob Reda
01-16-2006, 6:51 AM
I got some from the Beall Tool Co. last year. Went to their web site and even though the pic is there of the lock I can't seem to bring up the product. You may want to get ahold of them to see if they still carry them.

Bob

William Desrochers
01-16-2006, 6:59 PM
I got some from the Beall Tool Co. last year. Went to their web site and even though the pic is there of the lock I can't seem to bring up the product. You may want to get ahold of them to see if they still carry them.

Bob

Bob, do you have the item#?

Will

Bob Reda
01-17-2006, 8:37 AM
Will,

Sorry, cant remember the item number, give Beall a call and ask for the round lock.

Bob

William Desrochers
01-19-2006, 10:54 PM
Will,
Sorry, cant remember the item number, give Beall a call and ask for the round lock.
Bob

I got ahold of Beall and was told that they didn't have any in stock & they weren't going to order more. Also that they were special made in china for them. I quess i'm outta luck?

Will

Bill Fields
01-19-2006, 11:48 PM
A recent post called my attentio to "D. Lawless" of Olney IL.

I pulled up their website at it looked like a treasure trove of cabinet and household hardware. I was amazed at their low prices.

Don't remember their website address, so you may have to Google it.

BILL FIELDS

Bill Fields
01-20-2006, 12:04 AM
William--

Based on a failing memory, and my inability to locate this outfit--I think I gave you bad info.

Sorry--

BILL FIELDS

Bill Fields
01-20-2006, 12:16 AM
The website is www.dlawlesshardware.com (http://www.dlawlesshardware.com)

BILL

William Desrochers
01-20-2006, 5:46 PM
The website is www.dlawlesshardware.com (http://www.dlawlesshardware.com)

BILL

Thanks, Bill. I check out there website & even emailed them, but no go. They don't have them either?

Will

Randy Meijer
01-21-2006, 5:33 AM
OK, I've looked at that picture for 2 days now. Never seen anything like that before that I can recall and cannot for the life of me figure out exactly what those thongs do or how they work.....heeeeeelp!!:( :confused: :(

William Desrochers
01-21-2006, 8:09 AM
OK, I've looked at that picture for 2 days now. Never seen anything like that before that I can recall and cannot for the life of me figure out exactly what those thongs do or how they work.....heeeeeelp!!:( :confused: :(

They are used on small boxes where you can't use a clasp, or similar locks. They click when you close the peg into the hole, keeping it closed tight.

Will

Karl Laustrup
01-21-2006, 9:53 AM
William, I've seen those, but it's been quite a long time ago. No clue where to get them.

Bill, thanks for the link to D. Lawless Hardware. We're going to be needing a bunch of door and drawer pulls for the new house. Any one else know of other places that I can shop and compare. We are going to look at the borgs too. I have looked at Lee Valley and Rockler, but at the price of the ones I've been looking at I want to shop around a little more.

Karl

Randy Meijer
01-22-2006, 3:26 AM
Hey Will:

Thanks. That's a start; but I still don't fully get it?? First off, what is the size of the things?? Is the picture of 2 locks or is the lock a set of 2 pieces?? Do these things glue(?) on to the surface of the wood or are they inlet into the box?? The picture shows some color variation.....brown and silver....is that just decorative or does it have some real significance?? Sorry for all of the questions; but I can't quite get a handle, still, on just how these things work. :confused:

William Desrochers
01-22-2006, 6:08 PM
Hey Will:

Thanks. That's a start; but I still don't fully get it?? First off, what is the size of the things?? Is the picture of 2 locks or is the lock a set of 2 pieces?? Do these things glue(?) on to the surface of the wood or are they inlet into the box?? The picture shows some color variation.....brown and silver....is that just decorative or does it have some real significance?? Sorry for all of the questions; but I can't quite get a handle, still, on just how these things work. :confused:

The lock is a 2 piece set, male & female. Its about 1/16" thick, you just need to drill a small hole, and pop them in. I haven't been able to find a supplier of them.

Will

Randy Meijer
01-23-2006, 1:32 AM
Thanks. What is the diameter of the pictured lock?? Do they/did they come in different sizes??