PDA

View Full Version : Powermatic model 66 wiring assistance

Robert Stafford
12-02-2021, 4:27 PM
Hello all, I am new here and am in much need of some advice. I have a Powermatic model 66 with a 3HP single phase 220 Baldor motor. I am needing help on how to wire the start and run capacitors. Going to the capacitor housing, I have a total of five connections. One yellow wire, one jumper (that accounts for two connections), and two other white wires. When I start the saw, the motor barely moves to alternate between clockwise and counterclockwise. Thanks in advance for any help!

John TenEyck
12-02-2021, 7:13 PM
Hello all, I am new here and am in much need of some advice. I have a Powermatic model 66 with a 3HP single phase 220 Baldor motor. I am needing help on how to wire the start and run capacitors. Going to the capacitor housing, I have a total of five connections. One yellow wire, one jumper (that accounts for two connections), and two other white wires. When I start the saw, the motor barely moves to alternate between clockwise and counterclockwise. Thanks in advance for any help!

There should be a motor wiring diagram inside the junction box on the motor or on the outside of the motor. If not, you should be able to find the wiring diagram for that make/model motor online.

John

Myk Rian
12-05-2021, 1:22 PM
Google this

3HP single phase 220 Baldor wiring

By the way, are you using a starter, or a big honkin' DPDT switch?

Myk Rian
12-05-2021, 1:36 PM

Maybe if I quote you, the system will let you know of replies.