PDA

View Full Version : More Amazon Deals!

Ron Robinson
01-15-2006, 8:59 PM
I've been wanting to order the Delta X5 14" bandsaw from Amazon since I got the Toolcrib catalog in the mail with the $100 off deal. So I logged on to Amazon tonight and thay also have a "power saw" deal going now through 1/21. So I ordered the saw for $899. $100 off from the catalog AND $115 off from this other deal. Free shipping and another $100 off from Delta's X5 rebate. $594 total.

I couldn't pass it up.

The "power saw" deal is for any power saw. Savings are based on the cost of the saw.

Oh yeah, also a free mobile base from Delta.

Ron Robinson

Michael Ballent
01-15-2006, 9:08 PM
Have you considered adopting the name of Bandit ;) Nice deal on a nice BS :D

Boyd Gathwright
01-15-2006, 9:47 PM
Have you considered adopting the name of Bandit ;) Nice deal on a nice BS :D
.... Michael, you would most likely call me “CROOK” if you new that I paid Two dollars for a almost new BLACK and DECKER cordless ½ drill with Two good rechargeable batteries and carrying case at the auction last week. They told me I stole it :rolleyes:.

Anthony Anderson
01-15-2006, 9:50 PM
I've been wanting to order the Delta X5 14" bandsaw from Amazon since I got the Toolcrib catalog in the mail with the $100 off deal. So I logged on to Amazon tonight and thay also have a "power saw" deal going now through 1/21. So I ordered the saw for $899. $100 off from the catalog AND $115 off from this other deal. Free shipping and another $100 off from Delta's X5 rebate. $594 total.

I couldn't pass it up.

The "power saw" deal is for any power saw. Savings are based on the cost of the saw.

Oh yeah, also a free mobile base from Delta.

Ron Robinson

Ron, I couldn't find the free shipping. It said in the add that it was not eligible for free shipping. Could you tell me where you found it. Thanks, Bill

Michael Ballent
01-15-2006, 10:10 PM
.... Michael, you would most likely call me “CROOK” if you new that I paid Two dollars for a almost new BLACK and DECKER cordless ½ drill with Two good rechargeable batteries and carrying case at the auction last week. They told me I stole it :rolleyes:.

hehehe :eek: 2 bucks, man you could sell that bad boy for 50-60 bucks on E-Prey ;) Now THAT is a steal. Of course since there no pics.... I suppose that it did not happen ;) :cool:

Ron Robinson
01-16-2006, 10:12 AM
Anthony,

On the back of the catalog I received there were two discount codes. One was for the $100 off and the other was for free shipping. During the checkout process there is a place to input coupon codes. I entered the $100 off number then clicked the "enter another code" button. I then entered the free shipping code and they all showed up on the final bill.

Ron

Pete Harbin
01-16-2006, 11:58 AM
He shoots...he scores! Nice find Ron. Enjoy the new saw.

Pete

Anthony Anderson
01-16-2006, 12:00 PM
Thanks a bunch Ron, I found them. Bill

Anthony,

On the back of the catalog I received there were two discount codes. One was for the $100 off and the other was for free shipping. During the checkout process there is a place to input coupon codes. I entered the $100 off number then clicked the "enter another code" button. I then entered the free shipping code and they all showed up on the final bill.

Ron

John Respass
01-16-2006, 1:21 PM
A Grizzly 14 inch bandsaw (G0555) is on my tool list. The X5 Delta looks to be a better choice. With all promotions the Delta X5 and the Grizzzly G0555 are almost the same price from Amazon.

I looked and I looked for my Amazon Toolcrib catalog. I found Woodcraft's, Lee Valley's catalog, Grizzly's, etc but no Amazon Toolcrib and nopromotion codes. It looks like the toolcrib catalog went out during the big "cleanup" after the holidays.

Oh well.

:(

Boyd Gathwright
01-16-2006, 5:13 PM
hehehe :eek: 2 bucks, man you could sell that bad boy for 50-60 bucks on E-Prey ;) Now THAT is a steal. Of course since there no pics.... I suppose that it did not happen ;) :cool:
.... :p :D :p

Mark Rios
01-16-2006, 6:39 PM
FYI to all of you with the Amazon catalog coupons thingy's. I called Amazon and, after some real frustrating phone acrobatics, talked to a real CS person in WA. I used to get the catalogs and because I spend alot of money with them (I've been told tooo much) I would always get these kind of special deals. It turns out that my address change didn't go through for some reason. That is taken care of but I still don't get the catalog deal. But they did tell me that the coupon is only good for Porter Cable/Delta tools. Amazon sells these tools directly, not as a "third-party seller". The $15/$60/$110 off deal is good on all power saws (table, band, circular, etc) that Amazon sells directly, not third-party sellers like Grizzly.(DANG!!!!) There is also a $50/$100/$150 deal off of all pneumatics, which, BTW, includes Dewalt's cordless nailer (not really pneumatic;) ).Here is the page for the deal:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/760330/ref=amb_link_241152_1/002-2505446-8502426

Congrats on the good deals Ron.

Steve Clardy
01-16-2006, 7:28 PM
Super score Ron!!

Michael Ballent
01-16-2006, 9:29 PM
Boyd, I bow in your presence ;) Nice score :D

Boyd Gathwright
01-16-2006, 9:48 PM
Boyd, I bow in your presence ;) Nice score :D
.... Thanks, you're a good sport :).

Jerry Olexa