PDA

View Full Version : Profile sanding.

Bobby Robbinett
11-26-2021, 6:56 AM
So we are taking on some refacing jobs this winter at our shop and will be building a lot of doors with outside profiles such as Roman ogee’s, round overs and coves. I was wanting to get some opinions on profile sanding machines for these purposes? I am not talking about hand held sanders but rather a machine from the likes of Larick or even Voorwood or Unique. We priced a basic model new Voorwood at $44,000. They can be had used for $20k or so. I hear that their patented abrasive designs are the best. We are wondering if we could possibly use their abrasive systems on a cheaper sander such as a Larick? Do any of you have experience with sanding profiles in this manor? Any advice?

Dave Sabo
11-26-2021, 9:53 AM
This prob. isn't the best forum to ask about such machines. You'll likely receive more response over at woodweb.

Know nothing about Voorwood's abrasives , but I can spot marketing wank when I see it. Your answer is pretty simple to glean though. Do they ( their distributors ) offer the abrasive for other machines ? If not, then you can't use theor stuff with other machinces.