PDA

View Full Version : An Afternoon With Bruce Shiverdecker

Bill Stevener
01-15-2006, 2:40 PM
Hi Gang,

Yesterday, I took a break and drove up to Woodcraft and had a very enjoyable afternoon visiting with Bruce during a hands on demo. Seven various woodworking activities were set up around the store for anyone interested to try out new ideas. As Bruce headed up the turning department, the big thing I noticed was that all of the interested new turners were women - young girls. It appeared the men were just bystanders. Also as the afternoon went on, I met with and chatted with a number of turners that I haven't seen in quite some time. It was an educational day as well, as I received some very good ideas to incorporate in to the mini efforts. The place was packed.

Really had a nice day Bruce, Thanks.

Some photos,

Bill.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:)

Keith Burns
01-15-2006, 2:44 PM
Sounds like a fun way to spend the day!:) :)

Bernie Weishapl
01-15-2006, 6:07 PM
What a cool way to relax and enjoy the day. Looks like everyone had fun.

Bruce Shiverdecker
01-15-2006, 7:21 PM
I really enjoyed your visit Saturday. I'm sorry we were so busy. I would have liked to have spent more time with you. I don't know exactly how many people we had come through, but I was very tired at four.

BTW folks, All those itty bitty things he's been showing ARE that GOOD and are that SMALL, including the "cup within a cup". Saw most of them yesterday. I even have one to keep to show off Bills awesome talent.

Thanks for stoppin' by and thanks for the Holly Cup.

Bruce

Michael Stafford
01-15-2006, 7:25 PM
Bruce, you old dawg you, a chick magnet, who woulda thunk it!!!!:p

Looks like you fellers had a great day and it is almost always a great day when nice folks get together and in my experience some of the nicest are here on the Creek.

Bruce Shiverdecker
01-15-2006, 7:43 PM
Hey Mike even had to tell one she couldn't give me a kiss. LOML JUST wouldn't understand. HEHE

Bruce

Jim Becker
01-15-2006, 8:00 PM
Sounds like a nice time! And, of course...some nice photos to take advantage of...

Bruce Shiverdecker
01-15-2006, 11:18 PM
Hey Jim, you tellin' me I need to change the avitar? Maybe not look so grumpy?

Had the cheaters up a little bit there.

Bruce